What would you do? mtx, rsx, rockford....

Username: Gfator24

Post Number: 2
hey, ive been saving up for a long time to get a good solid system, what do you think i should do about my subs (I have an acura rsx)....

-12' Rockford Fosgate P3 Punch Subs, 500watts RMS and 1000 Peak each (2 of them)
-12' Rockford Fosgate P2 Punch Subs, 200watts RMS and 400 peak (2 of them)
-MTX Thunder 81000D Amp

which subs should i get, i want good solid bass, but is 2000 watts total too much, or is 800 too little, and what do you think about the amp, keep it or change it (if so to what)?? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 263
Rockford is great. I wouldnt consider MTX to be a SOLID system, it something you will replace later on. But it sounds like you got alot of money saved so to get RF subs and RF AMP (which are worth it) that would be smart. I would also look into some JL subs (depending on $ you got).

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 678
i wouldnt get RF subs but their amps are pretty darn good...

if i had that amp, i would get a pair of adire audio shivas....they will outperform either sets of those RF's in SQ and SPL by quite a margin

the only JL subs i would buy though are w7's cuz the rest are way too overpriced...theres much better buys out there...like a 12w6v2 is $400 or something NIB and a 12" brahma is $350 NIB and we all know a brahma can destroy a w6v2

just my 2 cents...

Bronze Member
Username: Godemiche

Post Number: 54
RF subs are not as good as they used to be. imo
I vote for shiva's :-)
yes, JL is waaay overpriced...

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 682
thank you :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »