Cheap HID lights

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1626
my freind got some HID lights from this site.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/

60 bucks! and they look pretty nice! any one ever got anything from them before?

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2913
I know quite a few people that have that kit. Most of them swear by it. I'm picking it up myself in the next few weeks.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6456
oem retro > cheap hids

i have the ddm 3k hit for my foglights.. no problems yet but many on the legacygt forum have been having issues with ddm kits.. one of the ballasts always seem to go out and they get tired of sending in for a replacement. again ive not had any issues but i use a wiring harness with a relay

theres an alt company that is really nice for the money.. calle volt. i could link from the forum if anyone cared

personally i'd take the time and do a retrofit.. and do it right

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6457
link - http://www.xenonexpert.com/volt_hid_sale.html

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1628
... i am lost on all this. i have a 2000 golf. can some one just show me a link to the lights i need?

i have emailed ddm and the xenon place and have not got a responce other than somethign we are behind on email or something

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 423
I also had some friends that tried HID bulbs in their stock harnesses, but they nearly caught their cars on fire.

If i upgrade, it'll be the full Hid kit..

Btw, certain model bulbs limit your ability to switch between high and low beam. Be sure what you're purchasing is compatible with your make and model vehicle

Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2650
projectors.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3744
^you're an idiot

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2656
true. I don't know much about lights, but was thinking abou getting some pojector HID's.

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3748
projector head lamps

HID's are the bulbs that you put into the projectors

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1635
snow u don't know much about anything

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3324
"I also had some friends that tried HID bulbs in their stock harnesses, but they nearly caught their cars on fire."

Must be tards... Never heard of that happening. The only thing that changes is AFTER stock wiring is connected to the ballast. If they connected HID BULBS to the stock wiring, they are tards and if the connected blue bulbs that LOOK like 800k-10000k bulbs that wouldnt change anything voltage/power related and when using legit HIDs and ballasts the stock wiring sees the same EVERYTHING as it would with stock headlights. The only thing that changes is after the ballast and that wiring should come in the HID kit.

In short, fake/blue bulbs are like stock headlights regarding power, HID bulbs wont work on stock wiring and ballasts/bulbs dont add any additional stress to STOCK wiring. You need new friends ASAP...

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1642
hi andrew! have not seen u on in a while

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2658
"projector head lamps

HID's are the bulbs that you put into the projectors"

Yeah I know what each of them are.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6469
to answer the original post..

dblk.. read my post.. i own a ddm kit.. no issues yet using their included extra wiring harness but MANY people on the other forum i post on have issues with the kits..

from reading all about it i'd suggest that other kit.. yes they do offer a lifetime warranty but if you have to send a ballast back all the time the hassle is not worth it.. hopefully im not in the same boat but well see

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1643
alright. thanks man. i guess ill give them a try!

snow.... y don't u go be like a dear in the head lights and go get hit by a truck?

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2659
whatever you say BLK...

Gold Member

Texas

Post Number: 3750
well snow, they are separate, not projector HIDs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums