No speaker output on Amp

Username: Powerstrok3r

Post Number: 1
I recently traded my old amp and a few speakers to my friend for his mono 800W Pioneer Premier GM7150M amp. Slightly older, but still in good condition. Before we did the trade I made sure it was still working in his car, and it was. When I attached the amp to my car, nothing came out of my speakers. I tested the speaker output with my multimeter and there was literally nothing coming out. The voltage of the RCA cables going in tested out fine, and it powers up and stays powered without a problem (12V continuous). Does this sound like it might be some internal issue with the amp?

I have also tried hooking up my ipod and and computer into the rca inputs, but no luck.

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 118
"Before we did the trade I made sure it was still working in his car, and it was."

Was there music or did you go by the lights on the amp?

Username: Powerstrok3r

Post Number: 2
Yes, he drove up to my house and I could hear him coming down the street haha. I currently have another rockford fosgate amp hooked up and it works perfectly fine. So it must be something internally wrong with the Pioneer amp?

Username: Luises14

Midlothian, IL

yup amp died, had that happen with a 1500w autotek amp turned on and looked fine but no output (I drove the impendance too low) and my friend recently did the same thing to a kenwood but he actually I think accidently shorted the speaker outputs, the thing to look out for is that, they draw max current when there blown like this (looks like it works) and get really hot obviously

Username: Jerel_coles

Pennsylvania United states

Post Number: 8
if ur head unit has no rca cables .. will ur system sound better with them cuz i had a mb quartz 1500.1 running on a head unit without them .. cuz my sony explode didnt have rca cables so my amp blew so i bought a new head unit with sw output and im waiting to get my amp back will it sound better

Username: Skinnman33

Florida

I do amp repairs. Are you interested in getting it fixed or getting rid of it.I'll give you a few bucks for it. Also I am the cheapest amp repair business you'll find. My website is under construction right now cause I'm updating everything. Let me know if you would and if you still have it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us