2 Shivas VS 1 Brahma 10" for SQ

fostdecider
Unregistered guest
2 Shivas VS 1 Brahma 10"
what do you all say would be better for SQ? the system should not be loud. the shivas would go with jbl 600.1 at 2 ohm load. what should be used for a single brahma jbl600.1 or jbl1200.1 and at what settings ?

all posts are greatly appreciated.

fostdecider
Unregistered guest
any help , any comments ?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 495
Definately the Brahma if you're going for SQ. If you run a sealed box, probably the 600.1 in a 1.0-1.25 sealed. Would be a very nice setup, and not terribly loud (Will get loud if you let it, though). Which settings are you talking about? The only settings on the amp are crossover, gain, and bass boost. I wouldn't use bass boost, set the gain to match your input signal, I usually set the crossover around 80 hz or below, depending on where the other speakers are crossed over at.

fostdecider
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the reply JON, by the word settings i meant like how should the sub be hooked like 600 WATTS RMS @ 4ohms or 1200 WATTS RMS @ 2ohms? but as you said jbl600.1 would do it then i think it should do at 600rms@2ohms rite ? i heard that you should go with a larger amp and not a amp with less wattage, this way if using the larger watt amp (such as 1200.1) you would have enough room just be easy on the gain. what do you say about that ? secondly their are no pre-fab box for a single 10" brahma; i dont know any one who makes boxes, hence i might want to go with 12" brahma with sub-zero's abs121 (getting a box made would be around teh same price as the sub-zero box), my last question with the 12" is would it hit the low bass notes with precision or would 10" be better with that?
p.s sub-zero's boxes are hell expensive !
how about Hifonics bx1000d used at 1000x1@1ohm?

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 177
That 12" Brahama will do just fine hittin' those notes. As for the box the good stuff is never cheap.

fostdecider
Unregistered guest
Would i be running a single 12" brahma at 600x1@4 or 1200x1@2 from the jbl 1200.1? considering the woofer has a dual voice coil with 2 ohm impedance per coil.

thanks all

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 501
JBL amps are 1 ohm stable. It would be 600W at a 1 ohm load off a JBL 600.1 If you want more than 600W, then you could go with a 1200.1 and wire it for a 1 ohm load, but if you're just going to wire a 1200.1 at a 4 ohm load, why spend the extra money? Those amps are very reliable, even at 1 ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us