Need help with kicker comp VR 12"s

Username: Shardaerithes

Syracuse, NY USA

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone I've been reading some of the archived messages here..ok so I need help with my system.

I have 2 03 Kicker Comp VR 12"'s in a sealed box in the back of my 3000GT. The space is supposed to be 1 foot per sub but we didn't have enough wood for a divider so the subs are sharing 2 cu. ft.

Now I have a rockford 401s and I would like to know how to get the best ouf of this system of mine.

The kickers are DVC 4 ohms.

I would overpower my amp if thats an option..I don't use it extensively and it never gets hot..but I hear the rockfords will clip a lot.

So..how can I get the loudest sound out of this system??

Rockford specs:
100w x 2 @ 4 ohms
200w x 2 @ 2 ohms
400w x 1 @ 4 ohms (bridged)

Birth certificate: 430w

the kickers are 400w RMS and 800w max..I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong. You can run them at 2 ohms or 8 ohms per sub.

Do i need 400w for each sub? Will 200w @ 2 be enough? Should I bridge the amp to make it mono then run the kickers in series?

I previously had 1 dual 2 ohm kicker and I ran that in bridged mode.

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
i have 2 comp vr 10s and i am only pushing 225 to each speaker and they have reached 140 dBs so yes 200 should be ok. mine are in two seperate custom boxes instead of both subs in the same box. i think u achieve more spl like this and their slot ported. as far as wiring the subs i think 200 to each speaker at 2 ohms will do good just try to get another amp so u can put each speaker on its own amp, that will greatly improve it.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
Run the speakers in 2ohms one sub to each channel. do not bridge it will not give you any more power to those subs. and if you do get another amp it is going to have to be stable at 2ohms mono to get the full potintal out of it.

sHeP
Unregistered guest
Definetly run the speakers at 2 ohms i just ordered some vr 12s and i have researched and the best way to go is MONO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us