Tell me your opinion on my system

Username: Celicaaudio23

Double Springs, Alabama USA

Post Number: 1
ok. i'm a 15 year old kid that gets his car this weekend,and my license next month. I want to know what you think of my system.

1 Audiobahn AW1206t "12 sub.
1 Audiobahn A1500HCT 2000 Watt Amp.
and if you ask, 1 shitty qlogic box 1.75 sealed, soon to be ported.

i was wondering if you think this will hit pretty good in my 2004 toyota celica, and if i should get another one of the same sub i just listed. I am also a fan of JL, but i was working on a budget and this sys was much better than sony crap. do tell what you think. thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Godemiche

Post Number: 46
The guys on this board are going to have fun with your audiobahn equipment...
BUT,,, since you don't have your license yet, that's not a bad start....
celica is a hatchback anyway, so it's gonna hit pretty well...

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 167
You coulda went with something other than audiobahn. There stuff doesn't last to long, especially there subs. Sell that stuff and get yourself some Kicker CompVr's or something.

Bronze Member
Username: Godemiche

Post Number: 47
The guys on this board are going to have fun with your audiobahn equipment...
BUT,,, since you don't have your license yet, that's not a bad start....
celica is a hatchback anyway, so it's gonna hit pretty well...

Post Number: 3
i've never liked kicker too much. something in the name. besides, i'm not looking to 'outhit'everybody. i just want something that works for 2 years. after that i will have nuff money to get some jl w7's. i went wit audiobahn cause a friend of mine has them (two lower grade 10's) and they didn't sound too bad to me.

C$BigChris$C
Unregistered guest
what whal is telling you is so true. i have a cousin and two friends who have audiobahn "2000 watt" subs and their not all you think their made out to be. you might have saved the audiobahn on the spl arguement(because they dont get loud and distort way before 2000rms), but soung quality? NO! their subs reproduce poorly, and i listen to rap and most bass you cant hear because they dont drop low for sh*t. i would STRONGLY recommend adire audio shivas. excellent for the SQ since your not big on spl and $125 each for your price range. also are you considering 13w7s because thats way too much money to be blowing if our not cranking it up. in my view from experience, their are other subs out there that match their pricetaged $1000 sq, and i see the w7 as more of a spl sub and thats mostly what your paying for.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3421
celica is a nice car, though I'm not as fond of the 04 as I am of the 2000. the 04 ias all drive by wire, and harder to tune.
Anwyay, for 15, it's a good start, though I'm not a fan of audiobahn at all. I feel their products are poorly made, and shoved down the consumers' throats.

I almost bought a 2000 turbo GT0S recently myself, but decided I wanted another '66 Charger instead.
something about the feel of 500 horsepower ya just can't describe.

She-Ra
Unregistered guest
I just bought a 800hp Yugo. Ya man, it rocks with my K-mart amplifier pushing my 1,000,000 watt 150" sub. Falco is the best group right after Winger. I love watching the smurfs and She-Ra! She's hot! Better than this post is any Audiocrap! SonyRules!!!!

He-Man
Unregistered guest
Hey She-Ra, wanna get together? I have a Geo Metro with Sony Explode!

Post Number: 4
i didn't have a choice. i had to buy a new car. it would have been much cheaper to buy a used car and channel what money i had left into all that and get the best possible system out there, and not have to worry about it. i'm luck i got what i have now, and i'm not going to be ashamed of it. audiobahn is ok. not top of the line, but it gets the job done. and i listen to metal, and rock instead of hip hop and rap.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpinepower

Canada

Post Number: 61
Tell me what you think of my system:
96 prelude

Alpine head unit
Apine 6 1/2 component door speakers
Excelon 6*9 rears
Interior speakers off a 4 channel Soundstream amp

2 Earthquake phd300.1 each to an HE2 (fosgate) in a sealed box.

3 neons, 2 power distribution blocks

highwave capacitor
Eliminator 790cca deep cycle battery

Post here or email me at MikeCaledon@hotmail.com

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 71
No one has any comments?

HaveAGoodTrip
Unregistered guest
Just go on vacation and we will give you some comments when you get back.

somethingbetter
Unregistered guest
yo setup sucks

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 688
kendrick....if you want my opinion i think your 'system' sucks

audiobahn is nearly the worst in car audio, and youve wasted your money and could have gotten something decent for the what you paid for that crap..

i.e. a pair of shivas and a bp1200.1 for starters

never buy a prefab sealed box and try to port it, it will not work...you have to customize a box if you want it ported

sorry if it looks like im being a pr!ck but u asked for my opinion

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3443
-Alpine head unit
-Apine 6 1/2 component door speakers

good start.

-Excelon 6*9 rears

don't like kenwood or 6x9s

-Soundstream amp

good

-2 Earthquake phd300.1

not my choice of products. not crazy about earthquake.

-HE2 (fosgate) in a sealed box.

weak subs. HE2s aren't very good performers, but at least they're made decently.

-3 neons

rice, rice baby

-highwave capacitor and Eliminator 790cca deep cycle battery

pointless without a sufficient alternator, wiring, etc, and a battery isolator.
deepcycles aren't meant to be starter batteries in cars and only help when the engine is off.

that's what I think of your system. Before you have a fit about my comments, remember, you asked.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 72
Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately I dont go on vacation until the end of July.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us