Waht speakers to get?

Bronze Member
Username: Salstang00

Boynton Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 14
Im taking out the factor Mach 460 system in my mustang and looking to add a 12" Brahma sub. Now what speakers to get inside. I have 4 6x8 speakers and 2 tweaters in the car. Which speakers and tweaters will give me clean, clear, powerful sound to complement the 12" Brahma. What amp and power for the speakers on the inside?
Where is a good place to buy them?
Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Zbruski

Post Number: 20
I am almost doing the same thing but I found a deal online for ID MAX 12s from an authorized dealer for 300 a piece. I am adding two ID midbass speakers to the rear deck and 3 way compoonent JL audio separates to the front. I am adding Q logic kick panels (fiberglass reinforced) to house the tweeter and 4" speaker and the doors to house the 6.5". I am pushing the subs with a JBL 1200.1 and the midbass and 3 way with an Eclipse PA5422. I am actually removing the back seats to make room for the sealed enclosures for the subs and plan on adding sound deadening to the entire trunk floor, door skin and panels, and floor. You have all sorts of options really. Just create a budget and leave room for installation costs if you dont plan on doing the work yourself. You really want to get a decent component up front whatever you do. I would look to spend at least 200 dollars for a good 6.5" set and another 200 for an amp to push them.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 486
zbruski, it sounds like you'll have a very nice setup there. Can't go wrong with that. Salvatore, like he said, good component speakers up front (6.5", the oval 6x8's don't have the sound quality like 6.5" do) are the base for a good system. If you run anything in the back, I recommend midbasses so they won't pull the soundstage to the rear. What's your budget, then maybe we can make suggestions for possible components and amps.

Bronze Member

Boynton Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 15
Budget? For the one sub, amp and box I'd spend $1k, inside speakers and sub for the speakers $800 and $350 for head unit.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 498
You can check this idea out. You have a total $2150 to spend, so here it goes. A bit less ordinary, but extremely good and unique as well.
Brahma 12"-$400
Zapco Reference 750.2 run in three channel mode-will put 750 into sub and 175x2 into components.-$700
Components-Diamond Audio HEX S600.-$500-600
That covers amps and speakers. So far you've spent 1700, leaving you 450.
I recommend you build your own box, materials for that would be $50 at most, plus carpet, say $100.
$350 for head unit, find a good Alpine, Eclipse, maybe Pioneer Premier. Premier P860MP, Alpine 9831 can be had under $350 online. You may like this idea and you may not, the only issue is you won't be able to adjust the subwoofer level, but you'll have an extremely good amplifier and a unique install, also the power will be matched well, anyway. You'll need to use external crossovers for both the components and subs with this setup. If you don't like the idea I can recommend two more conventional amps.

Bronze Member

Boynton Beach, FL USA

Post Number: 16
Sounds pretty good. I am open to ideas. Even if I have to spend a lil more. I am in NO rush gettin this installed. I have waited 3 yrs to decide I want a system in this car.

Bronze Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 27
My choice:

* Adire Brahma 12MKII - $400
* Alpine 9830 - $250 (unless you really want the full color of the 9831, which is $350)
* FRONT - Focal 165V3E (3-way components) - $350
* REAR - Focal 130V2 (2-way, 5.125") - $250
* Amp for Speakers - HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - $250
* Amp for Sub - HiFonics Brutus BX1000 - $225

Total in components: $1725.

The enclosure would suck up about $150-$250 (depending on fanciness, if you didn't build it yourself).

The rest of the loot can go to the install, wires, etc.

-Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us