Speaker Suggestion ?

Username: Blessedapparatus

USA

Post Number: 5
Looking for very loud but also clear speakers [ bass isnt highly necessary ] for my friend. He said he wanted to spend at the MOST $150 Each. Doesn't matter on size for both. " Does boxing and stuffing 6x9s change SQ significantly ? "

I told him I cant answer that because I've never boxed 6x9s. Just Sound Deadened and placed in rear shelf.

Note: He wants to buy the same amp as mine to power doors and rears [ HiFonics ZXi4410 A/B; 110w x 4 @ 2 Ohms; 55w x 4 @ 4 Ohms ] but just incase if he doesn't, still wants them to sound good powered by his aftermarket deck.

Basically
---> 2 Pairs of Speakers. [ Max Size: 6.5", 6x9" ]
---> Spending Limits: $150 Max Each. Just told me he'll flex to
$179 each if its absolutely worth the extra $20.
---> Loud & Clear even without an amp.
---> 110w x 4 @ 2 Ohms [ If he buys the amp ].
---> Should we box the 6x9s and put the 6.5s in the doors
or both in stock spots ?

Any suggestions on speakers for him ?

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1387
forget the 6 x 9's and check these out

http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=12&idaffiliate=2

just ignore the price for now...

so with that set right there and that amp you listed would just scream! but itll be loud and clear and def dont need those 6 x 9's. how you do this is you will bridge that amp.

what you think?

USA

Post Number: 7
I will be hooking it up for him and I have no knowledge of bridging amps or even the point of doing so. I usually stick to 4 CH. Amps for interior speakers and Monoblocks for Subs, can you give me a little information on why ?

USA

Post Number: 8
I also want to thank you for posting that, I went to check up manual for bridging on the HiFonics amp and found a 1000w 5 Ch Amp. [ ZXi-8010 ]

Hmm.. nvm I was thinking 110w x 4 + 1 x 300 for my setup but just realized that'd give my IDMAX's 150w :[ if it gave them 300w id be one " happy camper " :D

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1389
haha yeah, i personally dont like 5 channel amps, id rather have seperate mono and class A/B.

okay so what bridging the amp lets you do is have 220rms x 2 @ 4 ohms, which would be plenty to get those comps screaming. i had one set in my car feeding it 150 watts and it was just amazing how loud they got.

and the reason for it is just to give more power at 4 ohms which thats what you need.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 11
oh alright :] awesome. Have any wiring guides for bridging ?

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1396
yes, this should be right, but lemme research it also

on the amp at the speaker wire spots you should have

- + - +, if so you connect the + for the somp set to the right outside + and the neg from teh comp set to the left oustide -

get what i mean?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us