Hifonics?

Username: Bvb14bvb

Post Number: 9
what r peoples thoughts on the BXi 1610D hifonics amp, how would it do to power 2 12 inch 2008 L7s along with a stinger 15 farad cap

Username: Blessedapparatus

USA

Post Number: 2
Depends what Ohm[s] you are running the L7's at.

Kicker L7 12"
750w RMS

Hifonics 1610D
1 x 550w @ 4 Ohms -- 1 x 1100w @ 2 Ohms -- 1 x 1600w @ 1 Ohm

1 Ohm will get you 800w to each sub [ based on if the amp gives out more or less than 1600, some companies tend to exaggerate what wattage their amps really give out ]. I've heard that Hifonics puts out a little more wattage than what it says from multiple people. Hifonics, from what i've seen doesn't have anything giving 650-750w x 2 within the new versions.

2 Ohms will get you 550w to each sub. If you really want that extra power you could either choose a different amp which provides 650-800w @ 2 Ohms or keep the 550w.

Personally, I think you should run them @ 1 Ohm.

My Setup was BXI-1610D + 2 Kicker L7 12" @ 1 Ohm. Amazing bass, but now I tend to realize that I want SQ along with hard pounding bass. The capacitor doesn't really change anything sound wise.

Current one is BXI-610 + 2 Image Dynamics iDMAX 10" @ 1 Ohm [ 300w ea. ] hitting 137dB :]. Used to have ZXi 4410 [ 440w ] powering 4 Image Dynamics Interior Speakers [ 110w x 4 ]. Hifonics amps have always made me happy and everyone I suggested them to.

Bronze Member
Username: Bvb14bvb

Post Number: 11
yea the whole plan is to run them at 1ohm i got 2 dual 40hm DVC l7s so it should match up correctly

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6656
you wont get 1600w from that amp. more like 1200-1300w.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1752
Team Maxxsonics at CS claims the 10 series did away with a lot of the bling to spend more where it matters. These are the quotes:
"We removed the chrome and additional 9 LED's and put the money in a new glass pcb, upgraded the the Driver board and better output devices.

This will even further improve the efficiency, reduce heat and extend the life of the amp."

"The BXi2610D is the biggest amp in Brutus at this time.
It is 2600 - 2680 watts RMS tested on an Audio Precision II at 1-Ohm, 14.4v, 60Hz and 1%THD & N."

I'm far from an HF lover, but I do like SOME facts to be on the table.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1759
BTW - Team Maxxsonics is VP of Global Product Development for Maxx.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2974
Hifonics make great budget amps and the previous models were slightly overrated.I liked the 2005 model better than the 2006+. The OLD hifonics Zed amps were ground breaking at one time.. mid 80's iirc. I was just discussing that chit on a different forum.

Username: Alfparts

RADFORD, VIRGINIA UNITED STATES

Post Number: 1
WOW, I didn't even know that these Hifonics people were still in business. Last time I saw anything was from 1977 :-).... Just before the Jersey mob took them over.

Bronze Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 36
It all depends on how much you sre paying.

If you are paying anywhere near $250,I would get a AudioQue AQ1200D.

Gold Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1761
"WOW, I didn't even know that these Hifonics people were still in business. Last time I saw anything was from 1977 .... Just before the Jersey mob took them over."

Is this a joke or have you been under a car audio rock for the past 20 yrs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us