6.5 infinity reference component system!!!!

Username: Milkshake

Post Number: 4
i have a 6.5 infinity reference component system and 2 other 6.5 infinity reference speakers with built in tweeters and i just bought the panasonic ghost face touch screen, with 2 jl audio 12 w3's with volfenhag 1600 watt amp to push ....so i would have 2 6.5, 2 6.5 with built in tweeters, 1 set of tweeters, and components,and the system...rite now it hits really really hard..but you cant really hear the song..all i hear is the bass...so...i was wondering if i can still install the component system without and amp for now without blowing them out

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 120
Well you can install the component but I woudlnt do it without an amp. Those need to be amped to sound decent and you take the chance of blowing them. Save up and get an amp and do it right the first time. Also what panasonic did you get. How do you like it.

Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 4
Yeah, the biggest question is whether the Panasonic can push the components; and, knowing that those Infinitys *need* 90A, it's not terribly likely.

You can pick up a good 150x2 amp on eBay for about $150 (like the one I bought off of Donald). Better yet, get a higher quality (low THD) 4-channel amp to drive all the fill speakers and leave the volfenhag for the thump.

The Infinity 7540A goes for $200 on eBay.

-Matt

Post Number: 8
i have the panasonic cq-hx2083u

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 66
I was thinking about getting that head unit at one point and time. How did it work out for you. I was advised against it, but the touch screen is a sweet concept. So how's that working out for ya?

Post Number: 9
it is great...the only problem is that since it changes color you can barely see it in the day but at nite its awesome

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 462
Well, really, those components are really sensitive, and as long as you're really careful not to send a clipped power, you'll be alright running them temporarily, but you definately need to plan an amp for them as your next upgrade.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us