COUPLE PICS OF MY LIL SUBS!

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN. La F..., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 583
I have been a little busy at putting this sweet little 2x8" True Bass Solutions in a custom made 2.0cu.ft. 4.5inch round ported box with a Kenwood Excellon 811d all digital amp. Supposed to be 1600watts but I heard it was a true 919watts at 1ohm and the 8's are dual 4ohm wired at 1, It hammers! I would love to meter it! I put Cerwin Vegas 3way 5x7's in the doors and it sounds awsome!Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 585
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 586
Upload

I had to go with the 4 and a half inch round port, My install helper said it would be alot easier to go with the 4.5" round and 8.5" deep! It is very surprising how hard these 2 8's hit! Sounds better than 2-10's that I have ever owned!! oh! I love my 20's too! Anyone know where I can get some center caps for these Structure S20 Series??Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 587
My next project is a Caprice I picked up thats pretty slick to be a 1992 Caprice Classic! I bought it and have drove it for around 5 months! I bought a set of 2 month old CABO 20" Wheels for it and I have a BRAND NEW MTX RFL15" MONSTER to go into the trunk! I just had a pro rebuild it and I also Bought another brand new rebuild kit never been open for it! I would like to sell the SUB and RECONE Kit for 400+ shipping and I just gave 100 to have it reconed and a 100 for a new recone kit! You can see my 2 kits I just bought in that pic in the corner of the page! NOTICE it says MTX on the boxes, so these are the real deals!! UploadUpload

Silver Member

Post Number: 588
Upload

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20238
Looks like a clean box. Props for that. Hate to see the amp mounted to the box though but if space is your problem.......

Silver Member

Post Number: 591
Hey, I really appreciate your comment! I really do have Very limited space to work with cause the 99" Ranger I have don't have a tilt steering, and in order to get the 2 cu.ft. I had to have to run 2 of the True Bass DV ultras was hard!!! I am just going to enjoy the clean bass and good sound right now, but I am definately wanting some serious BASS in the Caprice I have. I was thinking about trading it for a suv, I have a friend who has a nice 2door s10 blazer 2wd and I really would love to own it! LOL I have always had to work from the trunk and have a hard time to get that BUMP up front..lol

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3722
looks nice dude

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3723
does that say h0m0 on the tailgate?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3726
Doesn't look anything close to the word h0mo lol

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Only Fcking H0M0S , Say WaterPolo! US

Post Number: 4912
Kinda feminine though lOl. But I am sure 100% that is does say Crackar... :-O

Polo.

Bronze Member
Username: Dangeranger

Ohio United States

Post Number: 27
i know what you mean about limited space in a ranger. I have a 98' and i cut my 60/40 split down to a bucket. If that's something you would ever want to do let me know and I can shed some light on it.Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 592
That really is Nice! I wish that the place that helped me had put a little more thought into my system, since it was 300 labor to build the box and install the amp! I really would like to do something like this, the way mine is, the BUTYL ring on the sub is rubbing the back of my seat a little and I am afraid it will rub a hole or scuff mark on my sub! If you can I would really like to get some info on how to do this. My truck has a bench looking seat but the seat is 2 seperate pieces, so I could probably find some buckets out of a smaller vehicle or truck and do this! I really like this ! Dam I wish I had really researched this alot more, but the tech told me this was the "only way to do it" I really do like this, wish I could do it over???

Bronze Member

Ohio United States

Post Number: 28
Hey you still can. I had that problem too with the subs hitting the back of the seat. We have the same seats. All i did was pull out my driver side seat all there is for the middle is a thin sheet of metal, but it cuts like plastic. Just pull the upholstery up, cut the cushion where you need it and cut the excess. I can give a step by step and show some pics if you want. Me and my buddy built that box so if you know anyone that is good with wood work that would be the way to go.

Bronze Member

Ohio United States

Post Number: 29
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/6040tobuckets.htm

this website helped out a lot too

Silver Member

Post Number: 593
This forum has went to h3ll,in the last year!I am sure your supposed to actually help and share with people instead of putting people down, and belittling them and yourself! I will tell you that this definitely does not say h0m0 or Crackar, It actually is my middle name Deboy! I really do appreciate the ones who actually commented on it and give their thoughts and analysis.
Sincerly:Robert Deboy Brown

Silver Member

Post Number: 594
Adam, thats a nice website!! H3ck I didn't know that they had a site dedicated to customizing Ford Rangers.. How many inches doyou have between the seats by doing this? I would like to build a 2-10" slot ported box just like the one you have. Do you know about how many cu.ft. you have to work with?

Silver Member

Post Number: 595
Anyone have any idea on a GOOD hitting 10" sub?? I really love SPL but when your that close to the subs, it seems you can get good SQ and SPL, thats the only benefit I've found on having everything all cramed into a small area! LOL I was thinking about 2 Solo X 10's but thats pretty crazy in the money dept.! I seen 2 DIGITAL DESIGNS 12's and they were impressive. I don't remember the series but they were running a SAZ-1500d and the seemed to be hitting and had helluva excursion to them! They were flexing a blazer pretty good, you couldn't set a full 20oz mt.Dew on it without it fallen over!! Sounded real clear too. Just a tight sounding system.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20249
Check out soudsplinter. They make excellent drivers in 10". I had one briefly.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Ohio United States

Post Number: 30
between my seats I had roughly 10 inches, but we put a lip so that there was enough width to mount the subs in.
I had about 1.7 cubes
On my box i had to customize the sides it will hit the seats because on my seats there were things catching the box. .Upload

Bronze Member

Ohio United States

Post Number: 31
its ported to 34 hertz, two RE Sr's and they sound pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3725
wow adam, that looks awesome bro!

and I have Paul's Rl-i and another, they sound awesome!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Lms

Post Number: 37
tight rims ROB

"Hate to see the amp mounted to the box though but if space is your problem"

x2

you risk damaging the internals of da amp from vibrations

consider relocating it

but still a clean install and the rims are tight.

A video would be nice

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20250
Yes vids please.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20251
And BTW, Adam that is some serious custom work!

Bronze Member

Ohio United States

Post Number: 32
Yeah it took me and my buddy a while, but when you dont have space you're going to have to put subs where subs can't go. Now I just have to get the exterior looking nice(rims etc...), bad thing is I live on an old dirt road with 3ft deep potholes.

P.s. Rob If you have an email I could break down the steps a little better and try to include all the pictures I have. I'm not sure how many I took but some is better than none.

Bronze Member

Ohio United States

Post Number: 33
Rob, did your truck have the grandpa stripe going down the side?

Silver Member

Post Number: 596
No, mine had the 14" wheels with the little chrome centercaps. It actually looked like something a Park ranger would drive!LOL I really didn't think this would be the vehicle I put my next system in! But it sounds good but I am 5'9" and 312pnds big dude, and tilt would have been awsome! I just adjust my seat out to where I think there will be no problems, and suck my gut in!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Kickittothacurb

Post Number: 61
dude that box for those RE's looks fantastic, im a huge fan of RE but that box is pretty sweet for real

Bronze Member

Ohio United States

Post Number: 34
I love the RE's. I've been overly impressed with them

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11369
Nice work. As far as the 8's being loud bigger cone size doesnt always mean louder. My bother has a 12 dc sound lab level 4 that is 2 to 3 db louder than his dd 3518 both on the same amp 1500 watts on the 3518 and 1800 watts on the 12. And 300 watts isnt going to make that kind of difference.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us