Car Audio n00b

Username: Mustbehiggy

Post Number: 2
Hey, I recently put a new head unit in my '05 Jeep Liberty and the head unit is a Pionneer DEH-P4100UB.

I've been thinking of the best way to go for new speakers. Now I'm pretty sure the speaker size is 6.5". As far as I was aware for a nice well rounded sound in car audio it was typical to go with components in the front, 6x9's in the back and subs in the trunk etc. Now I can't fit 6x9's as you'd have guessed and I really don't know all that much when it comes to fine details in car audio.

What I'm basically looking for is something that will sound nice. I don't want ripping loud audio I just like to have good sound quality and bass to my music. I don't know too much about best brand of speakers to go with etc. Some say Infiniti and others say alpine etc. What I wanna know is what kinda setup am I looking at really?

Components etc. I'd be getting it professionally fitted and stuff. My questions are that of using stuff like dynamat etc. Should I be looking into amping the speakers? I know I'll be amping the sub etc. Anyway.. any advice or even questions 'cause I suck at asking the right questions lol. I'm going to make a sub thread in the subs section so if you fancy yourself as a sub pro please give me some advice there too =)

Link to my head unit -

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Source/CD-Players/Pioneer/DEH-P4100UB?tab=B

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1380
Hey Alistar,

First thing to set stuff of right is give and overall budget. It would be best put a amplifier to your door speakers but if not then im sure we can work something out :-)

Username: Mustbehiggy

Post Number: 3
so you think putting 2 amps in 1 for sub 1 for the 4 door speakers?

My budget for the speakers and amp I guess erm.. about 600dollars?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us