What are some security tips?

Username: Dean_k

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 4
I find alarms annoying and they wouldnt really help me that much.

so what are some ways I can protect my car and valuables in the trunk? (subs/amp/computer)

After talking to a few people at my school who know car thieves (or maybe are car theives, who knows) I came up with a few ways of preventing theft

1) get a club - (either steering wheel or gas pedal), sure you CAN hack thru a steering wheel, but the average car thief probably wont have a hack saw on them.

2) disconnect the trunk release - so you need a key to open the trunk.. this way people can't just smash your window, pop open the trunk and walk away.

3) bolt EVERYTHING down.. including amps, sub enclosures, and in my case, even a computer.. the thief probably wont want to spend all that time unscrewing things.. they'll be nervous and in a hurry

4) this is an interesting one I've heard of people doing: barb-wire under your deck.. that way NO one is going to be unsrewing the support bracket unless you take off the whole dash lol. and the theif will be sorry he jammed his hand up there :-)

can anyone think of any more ideas?

the best
Unregistered guest
You can get through a club. I am the average american not a theif and I know how. If I was stealing cars, I would take the car to a hack shop and let them do the rest. I like alarms, with disabling systems and two way paging.

Username: Izzynetizzy

Post Number: 1
I NEED HELP TO FIND THE SECURITY SEYSTEM DECODER FOR ECLIPSE

Username: Dean_k

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 9
"I would take the car to a hack shop and let them do the rest"

lol in order to get it there you'd need to be able to steal the car first, which the club prevents

and its pretty hard to cut through a club.. :S you're not going to be able to cut it with a hack saw, you're going to need some industrial tools or a plasma cutter

Anonymous

The club does not stop a theif from stealing it. I have several friends who used the club and had there car stolen. A collector I know who had sever older sport cars had his 1973 Plymouth Roadrunner stolen, they cut the club off, through it on th ground and who know where it is. I work for the local police in Louisiana and I know how to do it eaisly. And you don't need industrial tools.. Try it again.

Bronze Member
Username: Zbruski

Post Number: 17
I have heard similiar stories, it is even easier to cut the steering wheel to get the club off.

the best
Unregistered guest
Thank you,
Not only this story, it has been on TV and they have proved it. The only thing the club is good for is clubing someone who is highjack you car. A true story is the club owners payed a mom the reward for beating up a guy who tryed to steal her car with her kids in it.

That is what the club is good for.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us