I need help...

Username: Trent6229

Alexandria, Louisiana United State...

Post Number: 1
ok i have two legacy 15" subwoofers at 4000 watts each. i have one pyle audio 4000 watt amp. i plan on buying another amp just the same as this one for the other sub. i already have two power wires and two ground wires, all 4 awg. um i have two rca cables and a blue box that is behind my radio for the cables to hook up to. what i need to know is how would i hook up both of the amps properly... oh yea and all this is going in a 1997 chevy 3 door stepside c1500 pickup.

Username: Carbonfiberkenwoods

Post Number: 1
first 4awg wire is to small for 4000 watts u should use 2awg 0r even 0awg wire

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1746
Before the "your gear is junk" crew shows up...
Your subs aren't 4000w, and neither are your amps. Those are BS marketing numbers that low end companies like Legacy try to promote to consumers that don't realize what 4000 watts really means.
The only 15" '4000 watt' sub I can find on Legacy's site is the LSW157. That sub will probably start struggling with anything more than 500w rms or so.

On the amp - are you talking about the PLA2260? The manual has a misprint on fuse size -- it looks like either 2x30A or 2x40A. That equates to 600/800w.
However - since you have DVC 4's you will have to wire them at 8 ohms bridged which should get you 400-500w per sub. More than enough for them to get loud in a good enclosure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us