Car stereo to home pc question

Username: O24incubus42o

Winchester, MA US

Post Number: 1
I have an old cd player i want to put into my computer. the reason is i want to have the auto swinging faceplate replaced by an lcd fan controller. does anyone know how to convert the ac wiring of the cd player to dc so it can be plugged into a molex or even to the wall? Also, would it be possible to "cut out" the cd player so that only the swinging arms and faceplate are there, with only the circuit boards and wiring for them showing, dissregarding the other parts of teh cd player.. would it also be able to work out if i wanted to put an actual car radio into my PC, regardless the radio size, so it turns on via DC power? thanks guys.

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 98
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DO THIS!!??

Winchester, MA US

Post Number: 2
because thats such a sweet mod..

Winchester, MA US

Post Number: 3
oh, and the cd player i mentioned above is a CAR STEREO

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 101
that sounds cool and all but having a car hu in your computer is going to be alot of work. how will you get the comp to recognize the hu? unless you are a computer guy and know how to write programs i dont think you will be able to do it

Winchester, MA US

Post Number: 4
the problem isnt having an actual reciever in the computer. however on terms of computer to hardware speaking to each other, there really wont be, because it wil rather be a lcd display thats attactche to a custom faceplate that will swing out when the cpu is turned on, and off likewise.

Xavy in VA
Unregistered guest
try to find some diodes you can use for the AC to DC thing. theyre used in cars to switch from AC to DC by alternators so recharge the battery
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us