HELP!?!?! NEED TO HOOK UP AMP IN THE HOME :D

Username: Mr_t_1

Post Number: 1
Hi i have a problem?
ive got a 2400 watt amp wiv two pioneer 3000watt subs and wnt to hook them up in my room. i know u can do it wiv a pc power supply but im not sure on how i go about doin this like.... how many amps the power supply need to kick out or the wiring help wud be nice thnks:-) .

the maximum current draw of the amp is 50A
and the power supply voltage is14.4vdc/neg gd (10.5 - 16v)}

Bronze Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 29
ummm you are not going to get 2400 watts with just 50 amps at 14.4 volts. assuming it runs at 100% you would only get 720 watts rms out of it.

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1744
that's about a 500w amp, and you'd need a 40-50A power supply. You might get by with something a little smaller if you don't blast it.
parts express has a 40A for $230. 32A for $170. High current low voltage isn't cheap, especially in a home.
I am also seeing some computer 12v power supplies (@ newegg) that look like they are capable of some serious power. I've never used one to drive an amp though. Looks like they are 12.0v so you would have to have an amp that's not sensitive to <13v.

Post Number: 2
i wud of 4t the amp wud of run at 1000-1200 watts peak each channel :S thts what i 4t neway:S so i wud need a pc power supply wiv at aleast 40 amps to run it then?

Post Number: 3
hey jus searched and found a pc power supply 12v@60a single rail. wud tht be ok to run my amp on?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us