CDT Questions?

Bronze Member
Username: Atreidies

Post Number: 28
I've pretty much decided to go with a set of CDT components. Not exactly sure which set. I'm waiting to hear back from Mike@Exige. Sent him a PM earlier today. My budget is pretty limited (under $150), and I've found a few sets from them on woofersetc.com in that range. I am definitly looking for clean and loud. I have 2 RD Sonances on the way and will be pushing 600w RMS to each in a sealed box. Putting these in a 2002 Accord, so the questions I have are... Do I mount the tweets in the stock location on the top of the dash, just under the windshield, or on the pillars? Also, they are rated at 4 ohms, is that 4 ohms each side or 4 ohms each speaker(2 drivers and 2 tweets). The amp i'm gonna run them on is only 2 ohm stable.

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1335
Mike is a VERY good guy and will take care of you, untill he gets back to you i can ask any questions that you have

i peronally would just mount them on at the stock spot unless you have plans of competiting. and that rating is what your amp will actually see from the crossover, post up what amp you have please

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
It's a VA Audio VAAM 1600. It's a private label for a company called Champion Audio here in Houston, TX. I don't know who actually builds it. Someone told me US Amps does, but I don't know if I believe that. Here's the link
http://www.champaudio.net/va_amplifier.htm
I know it's not a high quality amp, but I can't spend any more money on my setup right now. If that amp is too much for the components, I also have another amp rated @ 150 rms x 2 @ 2 ohms. It is a no-name as well. NT Power is the brand. Sitting in my garage collecting dust.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1336
nice you will want to take that and bridge it, the comp set from the crossover is 4 ohms so that is what your amps will see.

i am pretty sure that he is going to recommend CL-61i set for that budget and power you have, to me it seems like this will be a pretty nice setup.

i will do some researching and see if i can tell you the build house :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Thanks bro. He actually got back to me before I posted this thread, I just didn't catch it. That is the set he reco'd. So, you're saying run the VA amp bridged? Won't bridging it run the ohm load down to 2 ohms? on a single channel that puts it at 6-700 w rms right?

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1341
no bridging the amp will still see a 4 ohm load.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Gotcha. Thanks. Can't wait to get them in. My coaxials I have right now don't keep up with my current sub set up. Def gonna be drowned by the RD's. And everyone I talk to says the CDT's scream.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1357
lol :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us