Box builders

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1020
is there any way for someone to design me a box for two 12 inch kicker L7 im not sure what i want it tuned to but im wanting to run them in comps on music. the max dimensions are 13.5x 35 or 36 (which ever is better)x25. can someone help me out

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1485
email me. ill hook ya up worrblade@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2917
quickie i threw together. 4.5^3 ft.
72^2 in port area -18.25 in long.
tuned to ~35 hz

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/hittinone/guick_design04Apr121244.jpg

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4009
brockman > blk

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1021
jk your saying to use brockmans design over blks right? BLK i sent you an email earlier

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1025
hey brockman with that design would i have t do any internal bracing an it will work with two subs right?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2942
yes that design is for 2 subs only, and you shold brace all of your boxes.. You do not have the space for the optimal L7 box. This was a quickie I made with your space dimentions. Was the 1st time I used that designer, I normally use BBP-6 but I wanted to try this one out. let me know how it turns out. What amp/power are you gonna run the L7's?

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1026
im using a hifonics 1600 brutus its one of the older ones. how do you brace the boxs im kinda of new to building them

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 1028
take and use 2x2's and cut them to fit fairly snug from one wall to the other and the screw them in place. You can use 2x2's metal bars, and clothes poles

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1029
ok thanks M im going to try to build the box this weekend an post pics of saturday night. also another thing is that a good tunning for going to comps 35 hrtz?

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1497
i would use threaded rod for braces. u can go all the way through the box and twist them from the outside so they are "compressing" the box. works great

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1032
about how much would the threaded rod run and where could i find it,also what do you think of the tuning is that a good tuning for comps? BLK sorry about not getting back with you on the design i don't really have the money to pay for a design i might have to pay for a class that im failing.

Username: Giantsalex

Post Number: 4
i gotta question ab the bracing bc i need to build a box for a t2. If you use 2x2's in the corners to brace the box, you wouldnt put them near the vent cuz that would affect the flow of air right?

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1036
ok one more question an im off to build the box. someone told me that the L7 sound best in a 1.75 cubic box for each sub an that i should tune my box to my cars frequency? is this true
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us