Mounting Depth PLEASE HELP ME

Anonymous

I wanna put a pair of JL 10W7's in my extended cab pickup under the back seat and ive measured the space under it and I have about 9 3/4 or 10 inches. And the mounting depth on the sub is 8 inches. Is that enough room for these subs to put them in a truck box... any suggestions... HELP!!!

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 433
Yeah, as long as there is at least 1" clearance for the sub, it's o.k. Just make sure you get the box to specs by compensating width or height for the lack of depth you have.

Anonymous

I was reading another thread and somebody said that a W7 will not fire under a seat, is this true, and if so what subs do fire under a seat?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 444
He probably said it wouldn't fit under a seat. It'll fire anywhere as long as it has room, but they usually sound the best behind the seat instead of under it, since the back of the seat "loads" the woofer.

Anonymous

Well will those subs sound any good in a pickup or are there a different pair of 10" subs of equal quality that will sound better in a pickup?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 665
image dynamics IDQ 10" subs sound awesome too, and in a pickup - you wont lose any sound as if they were in a trunk...they have a much shallower mounting depth too

i'd say get two of these or try a 10" brahma or somethin close to that

Anonymous

Which would be louder and sound better in an extended cab or regular cab pickup, a pair of 10" IDQ subs, a pair of 10" Orion H2 subs, a pair of 10" Brahma's, or the pair of 10W7's? Also what type of amp would you recommend for the IDQ's and the Brahmas if they would be the loudest.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 669
definately either brahmas or w7's

h2's take up too much power for my liking...

also...check out IDMAX's theyre like 10 steps up from idq's comparable to w7s, brahmas etc..

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 465
I'd do the Brahmas. The Brahma 10" is built more solidly and hits harder than the 10W7. Sound quality is better, too, in my opinion. Like Bacon said, ID Maxxes shouldn't be looked past, either, but the depth of the driver is deeper than the Brahma, that's a consideration in a truck.

Anonymous

Alright, say I were to go with the pair of Brahmas or the pair of ID Maxxes, what type of amp should I get for each pair of subs? Money isn't a problem but be reasonable. thanks again

Bronze Member
Username: Mac1

Post Number: 17
any suggestions???

Anonymous

any suggestions???

Anonymous

any suggestions, please???

Unregistered guest
I actually am in the middle of building a setup similar to this. I have an '03 F150 Supercrew that I'm putting two 10" Brahmas in under the rear seat.

I've already purchased the amps, a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1 for the two subs, and a 600.4 for the doors (I haven't decided on those yet). I got the 1200.1 for like $330 and the 600.4 for like $219 from sounddomain.com. To me, this was an awesome deal.

You can find the brahma 10" from speedsound.com for $229. I just got mine from them the other day and I had no problems at all.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 546
JL Audio 1000/1 would push either well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us