Door Speakers

Username: Csouza

Post Number: 2
i have this amp; hifonics Txi 6406 and i want a set of componet speakers for my front door and just regular speakers for my back door. Any ideas? or would these sound good.

MB Quart DKF 168-http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16678

Infinity 6810cs-http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15363

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1321
whats your max budget bud

then i will take you from there

Post Number: 4
Anywhere under 350 thank you in advance

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1327
hello friend again, so i see your car must be 6 x 8" speakers, now first thing you will want to do is get rid of that, best way to go is 6.5 component set.

now the easiest way to go through with this is by some 6 x 8 to 6.5 adapters, which can be bought online of very easily made. I can help you with this as ive probably made about 30 or so of these lol. so any questions feel free to ask or if you would like i can make these for you.

now for the speakers ignore that price but what do you think about these?

http://www.vertexaudio.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=12&idaffiliate=

these are just simply put AMAZING. i know this personally because i have 4 sets myself!!! lol

any questions feel free to ask

Post Number: 5
those seem legit. How would it sound with that amp though? and what would i do about the coaxial speakers?

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1332
yes they are a very nice set, i would actually compare them to $500+ sets from other companies.

they will match perfectly on that amp and even have a little head room, what you will do is bridge that amp and set the gains to 150 rms per side, and be prepared to get blown away. these things just get stinken loud and sound great doing it.

and as far as your "rear fill" goes with these you wouldnt be able to hear it even if you had some installed. in a proper set up system you do not use rear speakers as it just affects your "front stage".

Post Number: 6
I'm a bit confused here. If i bridge it, it says that power would be 340 RMS @ 4 ohms. How would i set the gains to 150 watts RMS. Sorry about taking so long i havent been on in awhile

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1425
oh its all good, personally i would download a 1000hz test tone, grab a DMM, put it on AC voltage insert the test tone, unplug all speaker connections and cut the HU up to 75% max volume or how ever loud you listen to daily, put the DMM on the speaker outlets from the amp and turn the gain up until you reach 24-25 volts on the DMM,

does that make any since? haha sorry kinda early

Post Number: 7
yeah it does. thank you

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1429
no problem bud, any more questions feel free to ask
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts