Getting a new subwoofer...

Username: Chris7024

Post Number: 1
In the beginning I bought a £100 Fusion Sub/Amp, at the time it seemed like alot of bass. But after hearing my friend's subwoofer I realised just how puny it was!
So a few weeks after buying it I then decided to invest in a better subwoofer. A Vibe Cbr 12" 1600 Watt. This new subwoofer definitely has alot of power and gives alot of bass. A few weeks after buying it I installed a new head unit and now there's even more bass.
But... it's not enough, there's not enough shake in the car. So now, before buying a set of 475W speakers I first want to get a better subwoofer.. again. I'm planning on selling the Cbr 12" (which I paid £280 for) to buy a second hand Cbr 15" from Ebay (which is 2000 Watt and only £135!).
First question is... would the extra 400 Watt really seem like a big step up for me? Will I really notice the difference, will it be good enough? The first subwoofer I had was the Fusion one.. that was under 500 Watt. Then I got one over 3x powerful and it was definitely a big difference. But will an extra 400 Watt really make a big difference? I was thinking of keeping both of the subwoofers and totalling 3600 Watt, but I don't know if I would need all that. Plus there wouldn't be much room in my boot. Having a 15" sub in there will take enough room up on it's own.. along with the combined amp and enclosure. So what do you think? Is it worth getting a sub only 400 Watt more? Will it be alot better?
My second question is.. will I be able to unplug the Cbr 12 and then plug the same wires (already wired to the head unit) to the new Cbr 15? Will there be any problem with doing that? Or will I have to use the wires I get with the Cbr 15?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10336
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14849
seeing that ur quoting in pounds : are u from england ?

what other brands can u get in ur area ? ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us