12" Juggernaut Box help

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2541
i'm gonna be running a 12" juggernaut powered by an RD audio 3250.1 i've asked alot of very knowledgeable people on what a good size and tuning would be and all the answers i get are different

i've heard anywhere from 2.5 cubes to 4.5 cubes i'm not saying i dont trust anyone but more opinions is always better so i wanna hear what everyone has to say this is going in a 1983 cutlass supreme by the way thanks in advance guys

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1306
im the one saying 2-2.5 cubes...

in my teammates truck who is runnin 2 there older 15's i built his box 3.5 cubes per sub and is loudest to day

so thats why im going with 2-2.5 specially on that power

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2544
bump

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2908
Are you using aero port or slot port?

2.5^3 ft. after displacements 6" aero Appx 17" long is what the MMats Site is sain' according to my calculations that should be tuned ~38 hz which would be more for SPL. It will be loud, but you need to be careful with that much power untill you have the funds to get a 2nd Jugg. Good Luck Ray

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2545
well thats what i saw on the site aswell and i asked Zac Davis and he recommended 4 and a half cubic feet with 90sq inches of port and 17 inches long but that seems way too big yet at the same time Zac does know his sh!t so i was trying to get some input on this thanks guys

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1314
lol ya mark thats why i said around 2-2.5 cuz of how much power he tryna throw :D

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4080
lots of things to consider then just power. ray knows where i stand on this one. puto

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2051
me too

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1319
so post away h0es...

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4083
honestly ray....i dont think anyone on here knows as much about mmats the zac, he competed,carried and im sure installed more it then most have seen. id go with his advice ese

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1323
im competin with 2 jugg 15's right now, and have loudest score in the whole street class...

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1324
def NOT under cuttin zac's knowledge but just saying i have had lots of good experince with them

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1325
btw just to throw this out there but that box recommendation
4.5 with 90 sq of port 17 inches long tunes at lik 45-46

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2546
i'm so lost and have no clue what to do sure Zac is a world record holder and knows his sh!t but so is Scott and he's actually got a 149.xx out of the sub one is saying 2.5 cubes and the other 4.5 cubes i only have enough money to make one box as my budget is really tight and so is time so please guys any more imput is greatly appreciated

Gold Member

Post Number: 2915
RayRay, No offense to anyone in this thread, but I got the sub from scott/sean and I would use their recomendation especially since the MMATS site is agreeing with them. I know the site is not always the best source of info, but I promise that if you build it to what Scott and the site says, you will not be dissapointed. Later on down the road if you get bored and have a few extra bux laying around , try a bigger box.. BUT if you are planning on getting a 2nd Jugg eventually, would you have room for a 9+ cubes box? so you will probably be looking at doubling the 2.5 cubes box anyways... You know wtf i'm trying to say... Build the box and enjoy.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2548
yeah i'm gonna go with the 2.5 cube box well thanks for everyones help appreciate it

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN. La F..., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 598
Is there alot of difference in the JUGG Than the SSX? ANYONE?? tHEY seem to be Fairly close matched subs! I might say that the Jug would maybe give a better Sound Quality from what I've read an seen on vids, I would say its a close race!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2990
I have ran the SSX and recently sold The jugg to Ray. I never put power to the jugg though. From what I've been told the SSX would have better SQ but they both should be loud as fack.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1504
2.5 cuft
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us