Settings for Bass, Mids and Highs

Unregistered guest
Looking for a tutorial that can help me understand the different settings for the bass, mids and highs. The head unit has different frequencies and before I mess with them, I want to have an idea of what they do.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 105
My guess would be to mess with them and set them yourself. Here is what I usually do.

Bass at 80 hz and usually around 0-2
Treble at 10.0 khz and at max
Mid at 2.0 at around 3-5.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 434
Are you talking about equalizer settings, or crossover settings? If you're talking about equalizer settings, then it really depends on your car's acoustic characteristics. If you're talking about crossover settings, I'm guessing you have an Eclipse 8454 or Pioneer Premier 960MP, or maybe a lesser model, anyway, those crossover settings are solely for bi-amping.

Unregistered guest
I have a Kenwood Excelon HU, MTX 12" Woofers 250 watts rms max and an MTX Mono Amp class D 150 watts rms for the woofers. Front and rear speakers are Infinity 5X7's, no amp.

I know the amp is only 150 rms, but I do not mind as I do get bass that I like out of it. Some day I may upgrade the fronts and rears as well as putting in an amp, but I am happy for now.

These settings are in the HU. They do have some effect on the output. I just wanted to make sure I was not going to screw things up and wanted some understanding of what the different frequencies do / are for.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us