Some questions....

Bronze Member
Username: Tigger76

Portland, Oregon

Post Number: 25
hello guys, I have some questions for the forum. so here goes.
where do I buy a bracket for 2 or 3 alt's?
what do you guys think about the fi bl 18?
thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4935
the FI BL 18 is a beast. there are some vids on youtube of it in action i believe. I thought you were getting 6 subs?

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4936
and the maker of FI his name is Scott Atwell. I don't know his number off the top of my head.

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon

Post Number: 26
I was going to with 6 but well with me more is better, so 8 it will be. I figure 8 Fi BL 18's should put me where I want to be. I need to get ahold of someone there so I can ask a few questions about their subs though. Anyone know thw rms for the bl?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10317
wtf you better be driving a damn bus or you will never fir 8 18"s with the needed box in there... you realize how much airspace that enclosure would need

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4939
the BL stock is 1000rms but fully loaded you would be best giving it around 1500 daily. It would handle it like a pro. Ummm and yea, 8 BL's would destroy your ears. Im not even sure you have the room for 8 18"'s in your car though... i still need to come by and meet up

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4940
2 loud,

Since you have your mind set on 6 subs i say you get 6 15" BL's and that will exceed any kind of need for loud bass... That would box be massive. We could also meter your system for you on the TL if you would like :-)

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4941
just think of it this way, 1 18" BL would need around 8-9 cubes...

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon

Post Number: 27
well it is going in the suburban. my dimensions are 4 ft wide, 6ft deep and 4 ft tall. that's a lot of room. I dont know the cube size. I look at it this way, steve meade has a tahoe with 4 btl's. and his truck is shorter than mine by 9 inches. you see what I am getting at? dustin, I cannot wait to get my truck metered at what it is right now. I look forward to meeting to get you guys started on a box for me.

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4943
Yea, i see what your getting at. Have you heard any of FI'S subs before? or audioque, RD any of them?

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon

Post Number: 28
no I have not been able to see any of them except on you tube. I was hoping someone around here had some to see in person so I could get a good game plan going. like I said last time we talked, I really want to stay away from the norm or mainstrean around here.I.e. mtx,rf and such.

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4944
i sent you a email

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3999
this isnt for daily is it? strictly comp i hope.

8 18s wouldnt even be fun to listen to daily. it would cost you way more money to buy tweeters and mids to keep up with that for dail. overall id say its not really a good idea.

unless your working on a strictly comp car. then your good :-)

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon

Post Number: 29
it will be a daily driver. we don't see many compititions around here. atleast I have not seen any? I want to be able to go to a comp and be very competitive, but also pound the streets and blow some of the youngsters systems out of the water. most systems around here are all in small cars. I.e. civics and vw and hondas. so my suburban is a lot bigget and needs to pound!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us