4000watts need a new subwoofer.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 620
I have 4000wrms. I need a single 12 that will handle the power. and its lean power. ant suggestions? and im shooting for SQL.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5080
dd 9912

exactly what amp is it that you have

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3594
RD HeavyWeight 12.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2045
dc lv4xl

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1291
yes what amp please, also what electrical you have to back it up

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20207
4 G's on a single 12? Wow.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1516
what exactly is "lean" power? lol

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10309
I would also like to know what amp and electrical system...

DD 9912 is the only sub I can think of that I would put that much power on

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2858

quote:

RD HeavyWeight 12.

This :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3994
DD 9912 is the only sub I can think of that I would put that much power on

tons of subs come to my mind. guess my mind is more expansive than yours!! haha jp

but cereally, rd hw, rd shw, dd 9912, atomic apx, atomic apxx, t3 tssn, dc lvl 5, ap lms-ultra, tc 5400, tc 5200

those would be my top choices but theres many more

Username: Audio_phill

Marion, VA

Post Number: 2
Wow, is that daily power? lol. If you plan on using that much on a sub daily don't plan on anything lasting very long. The Incriminator Audio Warden 12 would hold the power, but a suspension and motor geared for that kinda power is not gonna sound that great. The Heavyweight would probably be the best sub for the job butA DD Z series would take the power alot easier.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2859

quote:

If you plan on using that much on a sub daily don't plan on anything lasting very long

Wow...lmao. You have to be some noob to kill a sub running it at RMS power.

quote:

Heavyweight would probably be the best sub for the job butA DD Z series would take the power alot easier.

My HW takes it and begs for more...

Marion, VA

Post Number: 5
Lol well, since you mention killing it, there's several ways to do it below rms power. Below tuning or higher freq than the cooling can function at. I'm a member of team revolution, lol. With 2 SPL state records already this year. What amp you got giving 4K to your HW there? I run the 3250.1 D5 on my 15, 300 amp alt, 2200amp, 430AH Battery isolated for the amplifier. I do 143.7dB @ 28Hz at the headrest on termlab. 149.1 @ 32Hz Dash. My mod 5 setup does 154.7dB at the headrest with 9600watts and 2 Incriminator DP21's.

Marion, VA

Post Number: 6
Two 1750.1's... so 2900RMS Watts, In a decent enclosure it should take more than that.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1292
lol nick owns u....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2860

quote:

Below tuning or higher freq than the cooling can function at.

Nothing against you bro, but you just said exactly what I said in my earlier post. You have to be some noob to kill a sub at rms and below. You and I both know how to treat a sub and feed it well over RMS power safely.

quote:

What amp you got giving 4K to your HW there?

Two 1750.1s at .5 apiece. So pretty close to 4k since they are pretty under rated.

quote:

I'm a member of team revolution

FTW

quote:

I run the 3250.1 D5 on my 15, 300 amp alt, 2200amp, 430AH Battery isolated for the amplifier. I do 143.7dB @ 28Hz at the headrest on termlab. 149.1 @ 32Hz Dash

Pretty nice score. My trunk car does 151s in the kick on a stock alternator and only a kinetik 2400.

Our Mod setup for usaci is doing ~159.x or so at 45hz (since we did some sealing work), ~150.x at 20hz, 152.x @ 25hz all in the kick.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11305
Who isn't a part of Team Revolution these days? Lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2865

quote:

Who isn't a part of Team Revolution these days

People who don't run RD or runs RD but doesn't compete. :-) lol

Yanks, you stil have that studio?

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11306
Lmao thanks for clearing that up for me Nick.

Yessir I do.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2866
Wanna get rid of it?

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11307
I think I am selling it to Ray already. I'll talk to Ray to make sure he still want its. If he doesn't then its all yours.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1867
DD 9500 would probably take that - im running a 3250 at a 1/2 ohm on a 9515G daily with no problems

BTL loaded
custom nightshade
RE MT

Gold Member

Post Number: 2867
Ok. I might want it lol

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11308
I'm not even gonna ask for what but no doubt bud. I'll talk to Ray later today.

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 601
If you want a serious 12" for 4,000 watts RMS i have that covered next month.

You can use the HW or SHW with the new basket that has a 10" spider. With the new basket you loose a little on SPL but for daily you have a TON of movement.

If you are geared mostly at SPL a 12" HW with the 12 spoke will do excellent.

the 12" spoke versions can be built now were as the new basket will not be ready until the end of the month.

Silver Member

Post Number: 622
ok so i found out the amp im getting puts out 3200-3300wrms @ 1ohm not 4000. but as far as my electrical system goes. i have a big 3 upgrade and a 200amp alt. i have 2 kinetic 2000s in the back and an im upgrading the battery up front as well. everything is run with kicker hyperflex 0 guage wire.

i think im leaning towards the BTL fully loaded. how would that be daily? right now im running an hdc2.5 with 1300wrms and hitting in the 140s.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3998
never seen a hdc2.5

Silver Member

Post Number: 623
u know what i meant

Silver Member

Post Number: 624
my bad i had it custom made. its not on the website

Gold Member

Post Number: 4001
lol i wouldn't recommend the btl because everyone has it

Marion, VA

Post Number: 8
How many subs in your USACI car and I'd like to see some pics of the 150 @ 20Hz. If thats the case your louder than any car in MECA right now from probably 40Hz down. Unless that score is on an Audiocontrol 190 or an epicenter 160, lol. Maybe you should come on over to MECA and show all of us how its done lol.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1869
i know its on TL. i think its that demo van cory canaan and nick have been working on

10 15s i think?

Marion, VA

Post Number: 9
Thanx man, I'm not so impressed with the numbers now, My Mod 5 MECA car does 155dB @ 45Hz at the head rest and 157 @ 45 at the kick with 2 subs and 10K watts. Stock Alt, 2 commercial 8D batteries on A VFL1000.1. Clamped @ 9600 watts 1 ohm 13.8V

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7404
edit

Gold Member

Post Number: 2868

quote:

How many subs in your USACI car and I'd like to see some pics of the 150 @ 20Hz.

10 15s on a DDz2HV. I. We did the 20hz burp just messing around testing for the first time. Its actually louder now since we sealed the wall off more. Cracked the windshield the first weekend out.

quote:

Unless that score is on an Audiocontrol 190 or an epicenter 160, lol.

All scores outlaw on a TL.

quote:

aybe you should come on over to MECA and show all of us how its done lol.

Heh, all the shows around here are USACI.

Accidently posted under canan's name

Gold Member

Post Number: 2869

quote:

Thanx man, I'm not so impressed with the numbers now, My Mod 5 MECA car does 155dB @ 45Hz at the head rest and 157 @ 45 at the kick with 2 subs and 10K watts. Stock Alt, 2 commercial 8D batteries on A VFL1000.1. Clamped @ 9600 watts 1 ohm 13.8V

Cool. I'm not too impressed with yours either heh

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 11
Darn, the meca shows are alot of fun, alot more strict on power though unless your in a 5 class or radical. I wasn't paying full attention I thought for the first minute there, lol. I was skimming instead of reading and missed a few things. I have to do my numbers with 180amps of fusing or less. My mod 2 car only has 60 amps of fusing 145.2dB headrest/TL. My next Mod 3 car 150Amps fusing should do 150.xdB headrest 153dBish kick.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2870
Pretty cool.
The van is built just for a daily demo vehicle. We have had no time to tune it yet, so it still has alot of potential. I see a 160.x at 45hz soon.

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 12
LOL, MECA is and thats all that matters for now.
Anyway, like Steve Miller said "use the HW or SHW ..." I like the RD stuff, my 3250.1 could use a bit more voltage though. Nick, you sure try to be a ball buster. lol. Our Mod 5 Car has cracked the sheet metal of the passenger side quarter panel, no sealing either, and in a Grand Cherokee. No damping deadening still set up as daily driver vehicle.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2871

quote:

Nick, you sure try to be a ball buster. lol.

Never lol. I just said the same thing back to you :-)

We also currently have no panels in, or sound deadener, and a cracked windshield.

But anywho, back on topic. Do what Steve Miller said. He knows his subs best.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1295
phillip.... who the fk are you?

and yeah im DEF not impressed with your scores... the install i did in my teammates box is doing a 151.7 on a completely 100% musical box at 35hz and its gonna be in s2 lol and your in mod2?... thats a shame

i was plannin on runnin mod 4 with my truck this year, but i might go up to mod 5 just to bust your balls :-)

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1296
"How many subs in your USACI car and I'd like to see some pics of the 150 @ 20Hz. If thats the case your louder than any car in MECA right now from probably 40Hz down. Unless that score is on an Audiocontrol 190 or an epicenter 160, lol. Maybe you should come on over to MECA and show all of us how its done lol"

lol this must be your first year in MECA, wait till u see the scores after World Finals this year...

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1297
and to the op whats is the amp your are runnin? the name and model

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 13
lol. Actually I was at finals last year with team XFL. With the new fuse rules I don't expect to see much larger numbers this year, no one is really doing any better than last year and most people lost dB because of the new rules. First year... lol. My team already has the VA Mod 5 Record (raised 3 times this year all by us, getting ready to go up again) The only impressive number put up so far this year is Craig Butlers 181.2 at Daytona. There's only a handful of people getting into the 50's this year without being on the dash in radical class. Modex has a few and the "5" classes have a few. So unless something big changes, World finals aren't gonna be this crazy show your thinking of. Those aluminum foil backed fuse blocks wont make it in finals either. I guess 3 people in the upper 50's to mid 60 range, everyone else mid 50's down. Unless Mr Butler makes it.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2049
i will be running some street class this year in meca. i will be in the 50's no problem.

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 15
There's not much difference in Street and Mod, lol And a 151.7 (ROFL) in St2, congrats your the loudest street2 car in meca hands down, that is if its at the headrest, probably even a new MECA record. lol. St2-Modex2 is a jump. Come on up to mod 5, I'll be glad to hurt your feelings. LOL, by the way, our box is @ 34Hz and exceptionally musical. Mod 5 in a truck even... Wow. You got your sh*t blowing minds every time you turn it on don't ya? 3 Soundstream XXX 15's and 20,000 watts in a truck couldn't touch the jeep... and your gonna one up that huh? lol. Who the FK are you homie, and if your that loud why aren't you already competing?

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 16
While your throwing stats there D-Money what kinda/how many/ what size subs you running in that ST2 car?
And it takes alot more than 2 kicker L7 15's, 2 ZX1000.1's, PG rsd 6.5s comps, 4 Pioneer 3 ways, 2 ZX350.4's, 2 8" subs, Kicker impulse xi2302, 240 Irragi Alt, Big 3, Lots and Lots and Lots of Kicker Hyperflex 0 Gauge, Alpine CDA-1004, Ps2, and lots more on the way =] to get in the 50's
Eric from Xtreme SPL has 2 15" L7's and a ZX2500.1 in an extended cab ford F250 and does a 148.7dB at the dash. 2 18" Juggs in an S10 kinda like yours with cheater fuses and 6 Batts does a 149.9 @ >42Hz.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1298
LOL i have a amature class guy doing 150's man, like i said you dont know anything just wait till finals... if your even loud enough to worth going...

LOL... first off you must not know me... funny thing is everyone in virginia that does SPL knows who i am hell even NC, TN, Kentucky, Maryland does... your guy in that F250 must suck with those L7's dawg i forgot what the highest number i did with them was but it was around a 151-152 with 2 L715's, 2 ZX1000.1's at 37 hz...

i know exactly who you are now you drive a black jeep with kinda long hair, and seriously man 2 21" DP's and 1000.1 so over 10k and u hit a 153.3 thats sad mister Paul Strouth...

and yes we have the loudest street car funny thing is is with some ordinary equipment, right now i got him in s3 for testin purposes then hell drop down to s2 you prolly remember cuz he almost beat you LOL that red s10 with 2 old jugg 15's and the AB500.1... and yeah you wanna talk about fusing i can fully burp the AB500.1 at .5 ohms on a 60 amp fuse that right there takes skill something obviously you dont have.

to your next question in that truck it was 2 olg Jugg's. 2 of them, and 15's

and yeah thats my current setup, its gonna blow u out the water ;)

and oh yeah Scott S is on my team too rofl, im willing to bet ill have one of the loudest teams at finals this year, not a single person below 150, but you wont see that until oct :D

and ill be more than glad to step up to Mod 5 just to put u in 2nd place at those shows and na i def wont be using any soundstream junk, ill be doing it with 2 18's that can take 10k rms on music rofl and im in college in TN right now so cant compete till the may 12th show

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 17
VFL500.1 1/2 ohm, 60 amps, lol. counting on impedance rise huh, lol. go finish your thesis... lol. And No, Im not Paul Strouth, lol. But I do build his systems and hes the Mod 5 guy on my team. The loudest MECA recognized AS3 score is a 146.6 so why don't he just come in and set a new record?, and the 153.3 isn't turned up and its @ 38Hz just for fun, our pressure buids at 45Hz. You think we'd bother to post our full number without needing to? lol And Not over 10K, clamped it made 9600. Were not 16V. The F250's not my guy.and if you can pull a 155 in a pickup with 2 15 juggs at a frq in the Bass range, maybe you do know your stuff, sounds like if your not just blowing out ya butt you might be worth rivaling? lol. 2 Juggs.... 155... lol. Better burp high freq. 10K on music is worth ROFL, better use those beasts for DB5 too. Better start making shows if all your guys gonna be there!

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1300
its not a thesis already done it, and i was wondering why ur username was phillip, and yeah AS3 score is 146.6 thats not my guy, me and him havent started competitin, and yeah 151.7 is jus a fun score do thats why its done at 35hz plus he blew the fuse iunno how yet, and dern you only clamped 9600 of that 1000.1? lol i was told you was runnin that at 1 ohm so each of those AB500.1's in there is runnin .5 ohms and your only seeing that much power?

and yeah i know my stuff and imma have fun handing your whole teams butt to ya :-)

and yeah all i gotta say is sundown monster, if your actually someone big like you make your self out to be you should know what im talking about then be scared

and lol only need 35 points to make it to finals hope ya know? i got all the time i need specially since i always place first :D

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1301
oh and btw those two 15 juggs is just TEST equipment rofl thats how we roll

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1302
lol so ive been advised by my sponsors to stop giving out secrets and such about my system for this year, so ill end all this with a good luck and have fun gettin pwned in the lanes :-)

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11309
You're messing with a few of the loudest members on here Phillip. Good luck lol.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2539
PWNED END/THREAD and yeah i still want the Studio John ;) i'm gonna drop it in a 20th order bandpass box tuned to 50khz and give it 50 watts rms and be in the low 160s and pwn all you guys.

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 18
Lol, secrets. The 1000.1 is only 1 ohm per side for now, alot of the time we just run 4 ohm per side. lol. Well see. May the loudest honky win! Sundown Monster, sweet a pair in Lebanon did a 150.5, and same number at 9th annual freeze fest. Should be fun, see ya soon!

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 19
Well, if their that loud they shouldn't take a "noob" like me serious, nor sweat the fact that I might be competition, Aint that right Nick V lol.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2928
yea well i did a 146 with a 15 alpha and sundown 1500d .. so im the coolest person alive and everyone knows it...

booyah top that guys .. u cant u wanna know why ... cuz im the best :-)

no but seriously ... that was a humorous exchange of words ... carry on :-)

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 20
There's no May 12th show that I know of?

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1305
"sweet a pair in Lebanon did a 150.5"

sorry to break it to you but you dont know what your talking about again, theres only 4 sundown monsters in the world right now, and they have never left jacobs side, i believe your talkin about derick kirkland or sumin like that, he runs 4 T3 10's not even sundown subs...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2876

quote:

Well, if their that loud they shouldn't take a "noob" like me serious, nor sweat the fact that I might be competition, Aint that right Nick V lol.

Huh? I never called you a noob bro, so don't cry. I just said it takes a noob to blow a sub at rms power.

BTW, D-money knows his stuff, you will see some loud numbers come from him this season :-)

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 21
Lol, just figured you were referring to the 18's not many of them being used either, And nick, I wasn't crying just thought I'd have some fun with you over here too! Lol Dennis Kirkland runs 2 18" Nightshades installed by Chris Gregory in his avalanche, I watched the spiders separate from the baskets in person in Lebanon (freezefest)... Monsters huh, 21 or 22" if his parts come from Ascendant their 22's Incriminator 21" or DD 22" Glad to see someone back D-Money, at least now I can start believing in the future of mankind. ROFL. Monsters... Are they Warden worthy? Requiring 4 people and an overhead lift just for assembly? Can they handle power like the SPLCell Neo "Unlimited Power" Drivers? If theres only 4 n existance then wouldn't almost everyone be ignorant of said "Monsters" tell Jacob to use better glue on them than was being used on the nightshades, or maybe it was because the cast baskets had residue from the mold and the epoxies couldn't adhere, anyway. I'm not worried about anything sundown that's not in a CRX, lol. I look forward to seeing you in a show, I'm getting a huge kick outta gettin ya worked up, hope you come in and put up some huge numbers. Would be nice to have more competition in Mod5,Dennis Chapman would agree, and if you do manage to be louder, just gives me someone else to shoot to beat!

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1307
lol wow dude you have no idea, do you im VERY good friends with nick at FI/AA talk on a day to day base... and sundown doesnt use his stuff, and last time i was told kirkland had a S10 xtreme? guess that changed,

hey dont talk about Kent's SPL Cell subs... rofl talk to him also...

and yeah only 4 in excstance funny thing is all the big time rollers know about them why dont you?

jacob took the single monster 15, the Jeep, 10k, 157.x anybody?!?!?!?

and just for that commment about the nightshades thats what imma use to beat you with now :-)

see ya in the lanes troll

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1308
i stand corrected i see kirklands new build also the builder of the install said they night shades would take that 8k but kirkland doesnt know how to control the volume knob.

and i personally know they will take it plus more :D

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 22
Hes gonna keep on and catch up with alan dante, lol. You mean all the big time Sundown junkies? Sundown has a clan, the SD boys roll deep. You coulda just said Nick with Flux Tech outta blacksburg/radford area, Yall should be about the same age lol. I'll take Nick from Incriminator first, What freq did the jeep do that 157 at? Amazing how the news of these awesome occurrences just doesn't trickle down to us common folk. lol. I didn't think he used the Flux tech stuff. But alot looks suspiciously Incriminator??? but then everyone is using those baskets, does the sub have the 10.25" motor?

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 23
Chris ran it through when they separated, seems like he had 2 Mojo 4kW's. But I've never been impressed with Mr. Gregory's builds but they usually look good. I've seen Walt's 2 12's hold 10K with no trouble, only thing I didn't like was that he uses 65Hz for pressure, to me thats mid-bass and I refuse to go higher than 45Hz to form pressure. whats your name D-Money, were you at finals last year?

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1309
i got screwed over on my subs :-( big big big or deal so now im on sundown...

but me and the original sub company made up :-)

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1310
and the name is david... meca member 390028

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 24
and I am Phillip... MECA member 323399. Audio_phill just about everywhere. What sub company screwed ya? I realize you've made up but might be good for future thought!

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1311
cascade designs, and i made up? huh

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 25
Sorry, I miss read that. I saw "but me and the original sub company made up" and didn't disconnect the two as different subjects. I almost got some Cascade Subs one time but something told me not too. Cool.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1312
o00o which ones?

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 26
Thought long on the 18" Omega

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1787
You guys make me want to build and come back out to some shows lol.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4078
lol god damn meca. LOL. i know nothing about meca. seems like you guys are getting along well. catching up and holding hands lol. ;) im a usaci fan. way to far away from meca to even try anything. each org has its own challenges and build secrets and methods. good luck guys. i do know im down 8 db from the kick to the headrest LOL.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 507

quote:

im in college in TN right now

Where you going to school at D-money? Im at TTU right now.

Bronze Member
Username: Ndmstang65

Post Number: 21
Yall can fight this one out...

Sundown has Nothing to do with us, where you got that I do not know :-)...where his stuff comes from, don't ask me..talk to him.

For the record due to the comment about Mr. Wright and myself i've been designing speakers since I was 15 :-), I am the reason the MT exsists, I had the very first variant of a woofer with virtually no pole vent. Mr. Wright can not say the same thing ;), he's a few years older then I am...but started 3 years after I did...but whatever. There is a very good reason why I march to the beat of my own drum and simply do not think inside of any box. (Why do you think we've moved to a single slug high flux motor that is 11.25" in diameter with the BTL?) We do not want to look like anybody else...because nobody else is like us. :-) Is it cheaper to run a 3 stack of 220mm magnets? Shoot yeah! Do we care? Nope. It is of much more value to us to play in our own corner outside of the box writing our own rules. Instead of selling the same old thing...that everybody else has.

..been there done the competition thing, yall can fight over that. Back when "reality spl" was real with the thunderbird and a 49.9 on the headrest at 29Hz...with only 2136 watts...

Been there, done that, never again. Have fun with your numbers fight ladies :-) You don't want this retiree playing in a real class again. I'll stick to master sq and X2 if I ever do compete again.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1313
im at east tennessee state university, am actually about to leave and drive up to knoxville and pay mechman/powermaster a visit :-) gotta talk to scottie...

and theres my buddy nick chiming in :-)

and dam troy man havent seen you for a while hows the build coming?

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 27
Some retiree's returning might be a great thing! Come on back!

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1315
rofl now your really asking for it

Gold Member

Post Number: 2929
yea son im coming back with vengeance ... 90 crx ... 2 12 inch heavyweights and 2 d13s... 90 amp alt .. 20 farad cap ...

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1316
lol your gonna be louder than all of use, just cuz your name has LOUD in it :D

Gold Member

Post Number: 2930
thats what im saying .. dont sleep son

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 28
lol, I would love to see more "seasoned" competitors. All the new blood is ok I guess, but (to the rhythm of "where have all the cowboys gone") Where have all the loud cars gone? lol. More 50's and 60's please! and at least one 70. Not high freq either, push some windshields out instead of shattering with mid bass--->. A usaci car run by team true bass burped at 92Hz, lol My subs won't play that high!!!

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4079
nothing wrong with burping at higher notes. and just because someone burps at a high note doesnt mean they couldnt go lower and still whip some a.ss. a 150 is cool at 30hz. but you will get you a.ss handed to you with that score. a 150 is just a 150. orgs dont say, well he did it at 30hz and this guy did a 154 at 63 hz. so lets bump him over the 154 because it was a lower tone.lol

Bronze Member
Username: Ndmstang65

Post Number: 22
Nobody cares anymore is why :-)

The new rules in meca took all the skill out of being loud...that's where all the cowboys went.

Why the hell do you think Marshall used the old soundstream rubi 500's? I used to run cadence 5000's which was a 500 watt amp that they had...nobody could touch us in modified reality classes back then :-).

If you give us power we get quiet...because way back when meca was fun and it challenged you as a designer we were doing bigger numbers with 1/10th of the power that cars run these days with fuses...

Gagging power to something is nothing more then a crutch to a half a$ss design :-). (speaker box both included)

I'm a low bass freak...which you will see eventually (to the new ones), but i am focusing on doing the intellectual property and patenting the technology which is by far more important to me...so when i've got a patent pend in hand then more things will start to be seen. Until then, it's a mystery :-)

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1317
and i better be the first to see cough cough

Bronze Member

Marion, VA

Post Number: 29
I couldn't find the monster doing more than a 151.x on the sundown forum, but I didn't see anything about it being driven with 4 3000d's... But 12 Layer coil I want one now! Would be fun in a Yaris hatchback!!!

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20215
Wow this is the best thread I never read in quite some time lol.

Good read.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1318
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362675&highlight=sundown+monster& page=8

i didnt feel like finding the 157 or w/e

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1789
D-money I'm on here all the time. I just read instead of posting because it all seems the same. I've been putting off building in the hopes of buying the new fi 22s before wasting the time and mdf on the 18s.
My wife is due any day and I'll be too busy to compete for a while.

I might hit you up for some box ideas if you don't mind. Online college classes plus 60 hour work weeks are kicking my azz right now.

Hunterw you are absolutely right about the frequency, but its a lot more fun to do mid 50s at 30hz than 60hz.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1326
oh i see yeah thats why i havent even started on my truck yet :-( im waitn on some new stuff to come out before i do

and once again congrats on the baby hope everything goes well!

and yeah ill def be willingto do some designs for you, you still got me email?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us