New person here looking for help.

Username: Isai013

Post Number: 1
what's going on? I just a new car and im having a difficult time getting started. first of all I don't have much money, I like a lot of bass with a good quality sound to it. I don't want something expensive but don't want something that will break in a month. any suggestion will be very helpful thx.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2569
what's your final budget. you need need everything? HU, Amp, Sub, Wiring, or do you have any of this already.

Post Number: 2
yea I need everything.. I went to see at this audio place and there were charging 400 with installation. it was two 12 mtx subs and amp. is that a good deal?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2807
What type of car is it going in? what's your budget?

Post Number: 3
its a 09 impala so I have a lot of room in the trunk my budget im not to sure but around 500 is wat im looking to spend.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14836
for 500 i see 2 options after u get ur HU & wires

buy a 4 chan amp to play the whole set = a pair of speakers upfront & usually a 1 12" 300wrms sub on chan 3&4

OR

buy a bass amp with a sub & listen to ur stocks speakers & then upgrade ur speakers & add a mids\highs amp alter on

either option u shud build the box urself to save some $ ...

Post Number: 4
the speakers in the car are actually pretty good. so what kind of subs and amp. should I go with the mtx is that a good quality brand? like I said I like a lot of bass but I want it to be good quality.

Gold Member

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2808
If you plan on keep the stock speaker. I'd go with something around 600-1000Rms

Post Number: 5
I was thinking of that at least for now. but no one has any suggestion on what type of subs to get I don't know much about what are good brands so I don't want to buy something that might break in a month.

Bronze Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 52
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/products/articles/329117.html You can use this to help. I'm still fairly new to car audio and I went with RD Audio subs. You can talk to one of those guys directly if you were to go that way. Good customer service. Other than that I was recomended these brands, just a few but may be a start:

Fi
RD Audio
RE
JL

Just check some out and match it to your budget.

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 220
^

+ Digital Designs

(DD)

Gold Member

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2809
I would say a RE SE or SX. FI SSID or Q.

Post Number: 6
cool u guyshave been very helpful thx for everything. I have one last question. what kind of head unit works best? I use to have an alpine and it never game me any trouble. should I go with another alpine? what do u guys recommend?

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 221
good HUs:

Alpine
Clarion ProAudio
Eclipse
JVC Arsenal
Pioneer Premier
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums