Kicker 15"?

Bronze Member
Username: Woofers4life

Post Number: 19
ok i have been looking around and im wondering what you guys think about the kicker 15" CompVR CVR152?

my cousin has 2 12" kickers and it hits harder than most 15s i have ever heard and he is gonna help me with the installation.

im leaning toward a sealed box but what would be best for these subs?

what would be a good amp to put along with these subs aswell?

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2525
those are ok subs you can find better for the money but if your set on those subs a nice ported box would be best forget sealed unless your looking for SQ and if you are the cvr isn't the best candidate for that i'd go with 3-4 cubes ported at 35-38hz on 500 watt rms would be nice

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
im not set its just the most promising to me so far since i have seen some many kickers and 99% of them sounded great.

i have enough room in the ext cab part of my truck for 7.62 cu. ft if i make a box that fits perfectly so i have plennnty of space for a box.

With ported box i have never really had any luck. so i would need info on this please.

well these are the ones i have my eye on
Audiobahn AW152T
MA Audio MA151XQ
Diamond Audio D315D4(these look the best imo)

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2528
crap crap and the diamonds are actually decent but you can still do better well answer these questions and i'll be able to better help you

whats your budget for subs, amp, do you want to stay under 1.5 k rms to keep your stock electrical what are your goals for the system SPL? SQ or a mixture of the both?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
my budget is no more than 600-700.
Im going to add a battery(optima red top) and if i need to get a custom alt built at a shop.

SPL!! lol

my goal is just to be loud and try to keep up with my cousin who is gettin 4 12s because i told him i was gettin 15s ERRR lol.

im just tryin to get good suggestions so i can get good quality equipment for my birthday here in about a month lolz.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2529
well with that budget you'll probably want to keep your stock electrical i would suggest going with an AQ1200d amp and an AQHDC315 that would be a really good setup in a ported box for that budget that setup is gonna be hard to beat look up the stuff at www.audioque.com

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 22
ok another idea i just wanna throw out if im going with a one sub set up what about an 18?

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2530
i'm speaking from personal experience i wouldn't go with an 18 in a car its really hard to give it the space it needs while still design the enclosure in a way that lets teh subwoofer perform to its potential the biggest i would do is a 15"

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 23
i drive an ext cab truck, there is a guy in my town that has one 18in kicker solo x in a silverado and he is shaking his bumpers off lol.

would it not sound good in a ext S10?

i mean 4 18s in a s10 is doable i seen it on youtube. but i dont want 4 lol maybe two in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNDj9N9C0Vk

^ looks LOUD lol

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2531
well P.Rick on this forum has an 18" BTL in his ford Ranger so its probably doable i just thought you had a car but yeah that would work fine if you want to go with an 18"

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 24
would the same amp still be useable since its the same wattage and how would you wire it?

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2873
If that is the power range that you want to run, then you can get 2 Alpine Type -r's for about the same price on ebay. they are a better sub all the way around imo. but the CVR's are not bad for the price. so long as you get em online and not at a local shop.. They are usually over priced at local shops, but then again I don't know what your local shops charge for em.

What is your budget for subs, amp, box?
what amp/ power are you wanting to run?
What vehicle are these going in?
can you build your own box?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2874
wow, apparntly i had this page open for a while. It only had 2 posts in it, so I thought. lol

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 25
lol what do you think about the 18in then mark?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2875
i have 3 18's (RD Audio Alphas-- V.2
)for sale, but they require 1500-2000 wrms each to really shine. you would need to give up the back seats and get a HO alt and a couple of batts to properly run the amp that would be needed for them.

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 26
yea thats a little extreme for me right now im only looking to be running on stock till i get another job then ill go crazy 2 18in subs is about as far as im gonna push it but the problem is the amps to push that much wattage. i can get batteries and an alt but the cost is the problem. lol

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2532
well the 18" audioque HDC3 would work if you got a dual 2 ohm sub and wired it in parallel and got the 1200d you could also buy one of Marks 18"s and run it on the 1200d and upgrade to a bigger amp when you have money to upgrade your electrical but either way there both good subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 2878
i didn't mean that you needed all 3.. lol. i have only ran 2 for that matter. 1 is still plenty loud. but that amp is not really enough, but it would do iight. The AQ HDC3 would work on that amp if you get the dual 2 ohm and wire it in series.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2879
and honestly, i would charge more for 1 of my 18's than Audiogue charges for theirs. by about 20 bux or so.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2533
dont you mean parallel Mark? if he wired it in series it would be at 4 ohms he needs to wire it in parallel so it drops to 1 ohm and gets all the power from that amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 2881
ummmm look at the amp he is running. he said 940 watts at 4 ohm..

okay. ima post this even though I have found the error.

quote:

I'm looking for subs that hit lows/mids hard but not just loud they need to have some accuracy. my amp is a mtx thunder 942 and rated at 940x1 at 4 ohms. so 470x2 at 2ohms. i am looking for either one 15

now HAD this dude actually owned this amp OR HAD I not been drunk/high, ect. I would have noticed that this is a different thread.

Kiddo's stay away from drugs. lol

Anywho... My bad. parallel for the AQ1200. lol

side note you can go buy the MTX amp mentioned above, so I can be correct. -_-

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2534
lol good times good times so yeah bud the 18"HDC3 with the AQ1200d wired in parallel would work just fine

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 27
is the AQ 1200d 1 ohm stable? i got one 15 on a 760 watt amp wired to 1ohm and that baby gets HOT lol.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3684
Yeah, the AQ1200D is stable at 1 ohm.

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 28
ok now heres another question how would i build the box to make that 18 sound good? Ported? tuned to what?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2884
They have all of that info on their site.
You will only need to run a 4 ga. wire kit for that amp and it does what power that it claims and shouldn't get too hot.
One of, if not the best bargain in car audio(AQ1200).
www.audioque.com

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 29
ok got ya

i got a 200 watt amp im running to my 6 1/2 door speakers can i run the dash 6 x 9s to the amp and it not be too far spread?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2886
i thought that was already established. The 18 will wang. I do also have an 18" Rd Audio Alpha v.2. here are a few links:

Alpha V.2

The newly redesigned Alpha series subwoofer has set the bar for SQL subwoofers. The V.2 offers more X-max, increased thermal power handling with cleaner more authoritative low bass extension than the V.1. Like the original Alpha the V.2 sounds great while delivering huge SPL numbers.

Features
Available in 12/15/18" models
1500/2000 watts RMS power handling
Available in dual two ohm configurations (replace third feature down)
Extremely versatile subwoofer that can be used in SPL applications or sound quality installs
Flat wind voice coil option is available in both dual 1 and dual 2 ohm at a slightly higher cost, It increases the RMS power handling by 500 watts while also increasing the subwoofers efficiency
Paper cone that is heavily damped with long strand Kevlar fibers
Wide roll three layer surround foam
Dual 1" tall high power 120oz magnets
High excursion motor structure
Hot forged 25mm deep t-yoke
Spider bolted to basket
Cast basket
High temperature CA glue
Black anodized aluminum former
Flat wind coil option available at higher cost, adds 500 watts power handling
MSRP
12" = $479.00
15" = $559.00
18" = $659.00

http://www.rdaudio.net/alpha/alpha.htm

I only have 1 left... The other two are spoken for.
~325 + shipping it will work with the AQ1200 or if you really want to get loud, try the AQ2200. It likes 5.5-6 ^3ft tuned to 35 hz. It had no problem hittin' the LOWS and the uppers are amazing.

<object><param></param><param></param><param></param><embed></embed></object>

the song was 5 hz higher than I needed^^

^^ vehicle off (alt went out on the way to show lol)

Hope the embeds work.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2887
isn't looking good @#$%^$%!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXj6WniW4Fk&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHA5_R3wd1s&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BynSXTkHCsU&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjc-fxAVcMU&feature=channel

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 30
ok my post thing is going retarded..... it keeps sayin the idea thing.... anyway if i get enough money i will drop 2 grand on 2 18s and some bad amps and electrical system upgrades then i got work on the body ugh. HAND ME DOWN S10 FTW!!!! lol

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 31
oh yea and those 18s are LOUD as hell i want your set up when i get the money how much did you drop in that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2893

quote:

oh yea and those 18s are LOUD as hell i want your set up when i get the money how much did you drop in that?

if you have to ask.... lol
A Lot more than the old lady knows about, but A Lot less than retail... I buy used usually so that saves a bunch, plus I get good deals for the most part.

HU-60
wiring/buss bars-?
amps-700 + 200
subs- 840 shipped for all 3
2 used 1 new
alt-500
batts-~700
box-~100

pissin off the neighbors...PRICELESS!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2894
left out mids/highs

2- comp sets- 125/each
pods- 50

I also did my own install and boxes/pods so that saves$$

$$$ to spend still-
2nd Sub amp-700
4-15's- Alpha Max- ???
more batts- ~750
Wall build-???

Pissin off all the RD haters-- PRICELESS X2 lol

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 33
dang yea i had to though lol

my 15 i got right now pisses everybody off i just went to town and i pull up to my friend i was like you wanna hear my 15 and he said hell yea i been hearin about it for 2 weeks and i just put it in 2 weeks ago lol.

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 217
ok the last thing i read was about your cousin getting 4 12s. depending on what kind of 12s he's getting, if you were to stick with those 15" CVRs (that is if you don't have the $$$ for 18s) and get a kicker zx1000 and a properly made ported box you'd PROBABLY be louder than him.

i used to do dumb shitttttt and i put 2 12" cvrs (kicker pre-made ported) in my back seat and 4 JL 12s(sealed) in my trunk. it got real loud, but i have 2 15" CVRs right now, and they get way louder(plus
i made this box right and have a WAY better amp for them).

but if you have the $$$ deff. get the 18s and F*c* kicker.

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 35
lol im getting it i talk my parents into gettin so it saves me $$$$!!! yes! but my money will go to a good amp now.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 219
^lucky

Gold Member

Post Number: 2897
??? What did you decide on...

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1513
Mark,

what is your front stage?? cuz that sh!t is LOUD and CLEAR in those vidz...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2899
1-set DDC6.5 Comp Set in kickpods

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/album.php?albumid=55

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=80&idproduct=2 16

The cadence comp set is in my factory door mount(w\Fatmat) the 4 tweets that come with that comp set on in the factory dash tweet mounts. Both comp sets are being run passive and getting 90 wrms/channel from an Alpine MRV-F550.

Also have a set of Diamond Audio D3TAK Tweets surface mountedc at the top of tha A Pillar being run off of a lil 2 channel 60 wrms Alpine v12 amp. Total of 8 tweets, 2-6.5's, and 2 6x9s. Also using a Kicker KQ-9 EQ.
The Mids/highs have no problem keeping up with the 150+ DB.

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 36
the AQ 18in i tried to get them to buy the Alpha V.2 but i couldnt get them to go for them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2900
how much are they gonna end up spending on the AQ HDC3? We may b e able to work out a lil deal.. If you are set on the AQ, then that's cool, but the ALPHA sub WILL get louder and sound better. Plus it can take more power if you ever want to upgrade... I am not in a hurry to get rid of it, so just let me know if you are interested. L8r

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 222
Mark-

8 tweets! oh my!!!

i have 4 run at ear level one by each seat and i thought i was screamin!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2901
you can only see four of the Tweets.but IMO the mid/highs setup is doin' quite nicely

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 37
anyone know a link to were i can fix my HU my pico fuse blew i think and its causing engine wine and i done re done my grounds so its gotta be that little fuse. its a Pioneer HU btw

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 38
they will on go up to 350 shipped maybe more if its no more than 365-370 MAYBE

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 223
did you re ground your RCAs??

and if so, did you do it correctly?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2905
Big D. If I give you my cell number, will you call me? I would rather at least hear the persons voice when makin' a deal. I have plenty of references if needed. I have a couple of options for ya. And for the ~350 or less range I WILL get you one of my 18" Alphas.

Bronze Member
Username: Craudi0

Post Number: 51
i had 2 12" cvr's runnin off a kicker zx750.1 (900rms), and they didnt hit the lows very well :-( so if you listen to music with a lot of low notes, i personally wouldnt recommend the cvr's.....but that's just me

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 39
sure dude just email it to me @ rsfootball06@hotmail.com

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 40
my cousins got the 1500 watt ones i think and his hits like a mother on a 1000 watt sony explode amp but he has a pretty big box.\

i grounded like i seen on a website that i cant find now

Gold Member

Post Number: 2907
337-438-2957 give me a call

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 41
ok i will when would be the best time, i dont wanna interupt you at work or anything like that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2918
now is fine... and you would not be bothering my..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2970
give me a call sometime today if you get a chance

Bronze Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 48
ok i will its been a wee bit hecktick around here lately so thats the reason i havent called yet but i will at my lunch today.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us