Suggestions for new setup

Username: Pyro68

Post Number: 1
I've already got a amp but i need new subs cause my old ones got stolen. I've got a budget of around 500$. I'm looking for subs that hit lows/mids hard but not just loud they need to have some accuracy. my amp is a mtx thunder 942 and rated at 940x1 at 4 ohms. so 470x2 at 2ohms. i am looking for either one 15" or 2 12". any help would be appreciated. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 1017
I would get a new amp. Like a audioque 1200d.

As for subs i would look at

2 12" Audioque sd2.5
2 12" Ascendant audio arsenals
2 12" RE audio se's

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 587
rd audio classics or the sonance v1 would work good to.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickittothacurb

Post Number: 56
i agree with the 2 SE's for sure

Post Number: 2
i think im gonna stick iwth the amp i have cause i dont have much cash.i think i might just get one 15 instead of 2 12. and where would i be able to get a ported box for it that is quality and tuned to re specs?
thanks for the help everybody its appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 1018
If you want a single 15 i would go with the Audioque sdc 2.5

And you would have to contact a box builder or build one yourself.

A good builder is

Mike Ingram- Ami creations

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2876
soooo ~1000 wrms @ 4ohm?
1 15" Sonance D2 would work... sealed or ported

Post Number: 3
what about this box for the single re se15"http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D150206119721&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005
and i should get the dvc 2 ohm not 4 cause i need it to have final impedance of 4 ohm in bridged mode for 940 watts

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1510
dvc 2ohm? - YES, that will let you wire it to a final impedance of 4ohms

get that box?? - NO SIR, prefab boxes are a noob mistake and making your own can be cheaper and provide a better sound (provided you built it to specs)

Post Number: 4
well i need a box soon. how long does it take to get one made?? like a good one ported and tuned and are they more expensive?

Bronze Member
Username: Woofers4life

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 32
its not very hard to do it yourself and its cheap just the cost of the MDF board.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5064
anybody that downs his amp you dont know what your talking about. it puts out its respected power and lasts forever. Ive had mine over 5 yrs now not a single issue with it.

I would say to attempt to build one yourself if you have the tools and actually no how to use a saw otherwise hit up fishercustoms or ami

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14834
1 15" treo ssi will play well off that amp ...

Post Number: 5
okay i decided im gonna get on 15" re se dual 2 ohm. i think im gonna build my own box and was just wondering if there is any advice you could give me. i am using the enclosure calculator on re's site. just and info or links i should check out first??

Post Number: 6
okay so i got my new sub. i got a 15" re se dual 2 ohm. Im running it off a mtx thunder 942 amp. I'm building my own box and i used re audios calculator to figure out my dimensions. I have it 4.021 cubic feet and tuned at 34 hz. any comments or advice would be appreciated. thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us