8000w RMS?

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 206
right now this is still on the drawing board for a comp. van, but say i was to run an 8000w RMS system(16000 max), with 3 mechman HO alts, would 3 kinetik 2400 batteries be a good enough power source?

the amp i would be thinking of using is an RD7250.1

once again, THIS IS ALL IN THEORY, i have no actual plans yet, im just drwing everything up, looking at rices of how much this project would cost, etc. So as of right now idk exactly what equipment i would be using.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 207
oh and the mechman alts would be 200A a piece.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7387
z2Lv :-)

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 208
never seen that amp before is it good? but i LOVE the way the RD7250 looks, and i know it can perform.

so would those kinetiks be enough?

all together i came up with a price..

minus shipping costs, the total would be somewhere between 8500- 9000.

i sold my 18" BL the other day for 250.

this project would consist of this.

8 15" Fi BLs, in a chevy express van, 4 on one wall facing drivers side, 4 on another wall facing passengers side. the RD7250 (or z2Lv) in the middle of them, 3 kinetik 2400, 3 mechman HO 200A alts, a 50 foot spool of 0 AWG power and 50 ft. spool of 0 AWG ground, + wood.

i still havent looked anything into highs.

yay or nay?

this project woul take much help, and a little while to save up for.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3981
lol youll need way more than 100' of 0g with the 3 alts (i dont think 3 are necessary at all) and three more batts along with atleast two amps you'll be lucky to get away with 200'

and if youre going to spend 9 grand on a system you better not be going with BLs. thats just ridiculous.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3982
first of all you need to know what class youre competing in and build your van around that. will it be strictly burps, bassrace, sometimes driven daily, what.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2558
lmao at him trying this.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10254
^^ X2

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 595
We also got the D13 coming next month.

10,000 RMS @ 14.4

You may want to add a batt or two for better reserve.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 488

quote:

We also got the D13 coming next month.

10,000 RMS @ 14.4

You may want to add a batt or two for better reserve.

Upload

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 209
^ that made me LOL.

no but i've never made anything for comps. and i have always wanted to. i just don't know exactly what all i should get done. i figured the 3 mechman 200A because the i thought the 7250 had a fuse rating of 600? (3 x 200= 600 lol)

and what do you suggest i get? i just threw BL out there because they were relatively inexpensive, looked nice, had a nice, even normal easy to work with wattage to find an amp for (1000/2000)

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1260
first of all throw out those 2400's and get some Powermaster D3100's i ran 1 Mechman 250 streetbeater and 3 of those 3100's on 5000-6000rms never had voltage drop below 14v's :D

2nd you dont need 3 mechman alts get 2 of the 250 streetbeaters, if your interested email me at basebalz13 at cs dot com

now for your wire you need more that 100 foot, go on ebay and look at that Knu KLM and get 100 foot blue and 100 foot silver

and for subs how about some Sundown nightshades built stock??? with testing believe someone took 2 stock 15's and hit lik a 151 or something

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 210
^ im talking to you now.

so you would be saying you could sell me the alts, instead of the kinetik batts, get powermaster instead, and 3rd, i have known that nightshades were good subs, but i've never seen them in action.

I'm gonna go look all this up right now. didn't someone on here break their moonroof with just 2 nightshades?......
so 8 of them would be like.....

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 496
wow hummm 1st how much u know about comps and what class u want to be running

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 211
^not much. at all.

what is this thing you guys keep calling- this "amplifier" gosh future men i sure woud lke to know more.

sorry soryy. hostility isnt needed. i just have a friggein 1 year old im trying to watch and type this out at the same time. (DROP THAT PENCIL!)

yeah. i've never payed attention at comps. i just go to appreciate the hobby. so i really don't know much about-- I SAID DROP THAT PENCIL!-- them.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4074
what is your goal with this very large system?

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1782
Your goal would be very important to how you build. If you just want something to burp a high frequency you would probably want to look at things a bit different than if you were doing a low tuned ground pounder or bass-race machine. You could more than likely get away with 2 alternators, but 3 would be icing on the cake imo. I would get a MLA mod too- 15.5v is a much better voltage to work with than 13.8.

If you did less batteries with more alt I would run at least 4 runs of + and 4 - knu Kolossus. I think 1 D3100 every 2000w would be a good start.

I see nothing wrong with using 8 BLs, actually I think if done right would have a lot of potential. Best luck.

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1262
yes someone broke their sunroof with just 2 12" nightshades

troy has his point 3 alts would be beast, i guess it depends on how u are looking to build if you are going to build a burp machine then you dont need alts you need a nice battery bank that can discharge fast, if you are looking to build a bassrace machine then you need alts and a battery bank that has a high reserve capacity

yes ditch those kineitks and run the 3100's IMO best batts for multi purpose situation

and yes i can get you all the alts you need just tell me the year make and model and engine size u would need

Silver Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 190
havent looked at all posts...more power less subs!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us