Need Some Info

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11289
Sup fellas. Long story short, just got my Mag, Hifonics, and box uninstalled. But here's the thing, I hopefully will explain this correct.

Got both amps installed at a shop (shop A) about 2 years ago. Apparently, shop A decided to run my 4 gauge power wire for the Hifonics and splice an 8gauge wire into the 4 gauge as the power wire for the Profile component amp instead of using a distribution block. Now, today, shop B informs me of this when they uninstall my Hifonics. Due to this, they have to keep the 4 gauge power wire in there for the Profile since I'm keeping it for another 2 months-ish. So in the trunk of my car, on the back seat, is my power wire, speaker wire, RCAs, etc. All the wiring needed for the Hifonics amp. They are still connected and having power fed through them to my knowledge. They are taped up together with electrical wire so none of the actual wire is showing (except the RCA cable, that's not taped up). Now to me, this seems messy and doesn't seem like the safest idea but the guy there promised me that it will be fine for the next 2 months (ripping the Profile amp out at that time along with all the wiring and starting from scratch on the new install).

So, is this safe to drive around with for the next 2 months or what? I really feel retarded at asking this lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Atreidies

Post Number: 20
You're good. Just don't let your dog chew on the end of it:-)

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2557
this is why you should always do your own installing. you need to learn how for real yanks.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11290
Tell me about it Snow. Let's just say I wasn't a happy camper leaving that place.....

I could do an install. I'm not allowed to on my car. I know, go to a friends house and do it. Let's just say no shop is doing my next install.

Thanks Craig.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11291
This thread can be closed now....

Oh wait, we don't have Mods :-)

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3654
lol yanks. I think you could of handled uninstalling stuff from your car. I hope the shop didn't eff you.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11292
Yea no sh1t Steve lol. I had no time though to do it man. I had to get it done by today and I haven't had anytime with school, work, soccer, etc. I'll pay someone $25 to do it for me lol.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3655
Sh!t I need some money. Why didn't you ask me?

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 852
This thread reminds me of barney.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us