So i have a noob question/situation

Bronze Member
Username: Jr96ej

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 14
I ordered a set of component speakers for my car and they came in and i found out they are 2 ohm speakers but my rears i have already are 4 ohm .. so is there anyway ill be able to wire a 4 chan amp to make this work ? or should i buy some 2 ohm rears ?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1491
what speakers did you purchase?
how much do you have to spend on an amp?
what is the RMS of both front/rear speakers?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23307
it will work. the 4ohm speakers will just see less power.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10228
Most 2ch and 4ch amplifiers can handle 2 ohm per channel so yes it will work.

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1253
^ correct

just wire the front speakers up to the front output of the amp and wire the rear 4 ohm speakers to the rear channel

be easy with the gain now, ur going to be puttin out alot more power at 2 ohms for the front than 4 ohms in the rear

Bronze Member

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 15
yeah thats kinda what i figured they are all infinity i have the reference component set and the reference 6x9's in the rear im not really sure on what amp to buy. the rms on the front are 90 with peak of 270 over rated im sure on the peak part and the rear is 100 rms peak 300 also over rated im sure.. im looking to spend under 200 on the amp cause i still need to get a second battery for my sub setup.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10236
not a very good choice of speakers but it will work.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1494
dont even look at the peak watts..

only the RMS.

Bronze Member

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 16
yes i know about only looking at rms i stated the peak so that you guys would know which ones i was talking about if you looked .. any good amp suggestions? keep in mind this is a budget system its only going in my civic my future big system will be in my suv

Bronze Member

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 17
yes i know about only looking at rms i only mentioned the peak so that you guys would know which ones i was talking about if you looked .. any good amp suggestions? keep in mind this is a budget system its only going in my civic my future big system will be in my suv

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9289
Just try them out and find out. Be careful with the extra power you're putting to the speakers, also, the decreased resistance can cause your amplifier to heat up a bit more than it usually does and force it into protection.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2862
good luck keeping the shrill azz infinity tweets from blowing.

but that setup should work with the amp so long as you are not bridging the amp. most 4 channel amps are not 2 ohm stable bridged..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us