RE SE 12 on 500/1

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3137
Looking for a sub to put on my 500/1....for the record, i don't give a he\ if you don't like JL or think it's garbage, the amps are already hooked up, done deal, and i'm not changing because I think they're good amps, and I think they look good.

soooo....i want a sub for this summer, right now i'm just using a 10" Atomic Manhattan but I wanna step up, I'm kinda missing my 15" TC, trying to maximize the 500 watts. Thinking either a 12" RE SE for like 150 shipped on ebay or just dropping the caysh and getting a 12w7 in a HO box for like 700 (they're worth every penny IMO). can anyone think of other subs that would perform well on the 500 watts. (not AQ or RD, no specific reason why, i just don't em)

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11275
No one is going to argue that the 500/1 isn't a great amp because it is, its just expensive lol.

But my take on it, I just recently heard a 10w7 in the HO box off a JL 500/1 in a SUV and to be completely honest with you, I was quite disappointed with the output. The SQ was great but the output was weak. Compared to the output of my Mag (granted more cone area, and close to double the power) it wasn't even close. I dunno, I was disappointed with it.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3138
respectable. is your mag ported? i forget....by the way, you need to post pics of your system, i don't think you ever have yanks....

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11276
It is in a sealed box, about 2.85cuft after driver displacement. The low-end is killer lol.

I'll make a thread here in a minute. I don't want to take over your thread here.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3139
appreciate it, bump for some suggestions

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3142
^^

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2793
The RE SE is a good choice but why not a 15?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3143
too big, i had a 15" TC, but im at college now and i need trunk space to move stuff home at the end of the year and stuff. not to mention, 500 watts isn't too much for a 15. and i already have a box built for a 12

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5050
I think the se would be great for 500 watts. Not to many out there that I know of that can compete with it for such low wattage and price. I also agree with yanks on the W7 very nice sq but lacks output to me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us