Help noob put 15s in the trunk :-)

Username: Xxxanaxxx

Post Number: 1
Hey,
Wusup everyone? I have a 2002 Ford Escape and I want to put some bump in the trunk lol. I Have a box with 2 15" Eclipse woofers in it. I also have a "box" that says Rockford Fosgate punch 325.2, and another that says Rockford Fosgate Power T10001 bd. I don't know anything about car audio, I'm assuming these are amps or something? I also have a little green plastic thing that says peripheral sven 2 I'm not sure if this even has to do with car audio but it was ontop of the speaker box so I think it goes with all this stuff. Could someone please help me get this all hooked up, like in telling me what connects to what, which wires I need, etc.. I don't have much money so hopefully I got everthing I need to set this up...what you guys think? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1246
you will need some wiring, go on ebay and look at KnuKonceptz that is the best for the money right now, the T10001bd is for your subs its a amp and the 325.2 you wont need unless u have aftermarket speakers(this T10001bd is called a mono amp, only puts out bass. the 325.2 is called a 2 channel amp its a "full" range so it plays music and words also)

im in class right now but i will be back to help out best i can

Username: Xxxanaxxx

Post Number: 2
Alright,
I am pretty sure I have the wiring because this was recently taken out of my friends car. It was taken out of a Corvette, will the wiring be the same as the Escape or what? I need to know what connects to what, which wires to use, etc... So if I have stock speakers and have the subs in the back will it still sound good or is it just going to be all bass? I appreciate the help...sorry that I know pretty much nothing about this, its not really my thing and the only way I'm going to get these speakers inis if I put them in myself (no $ for install). Thnx :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1258
you have your wire coming from your front battery, that goes to your Positive on the amp(should be red wire), you should find a good ground spot somewhere in your trunk, that goes to your negative on the amp(should be black)

then from your CD player there should be a tiny blue wire, this comes from the REM or Power Antennae from your HU and that goes to your REM input on the amp

now you have RCA wires that comes from the HU and intop the left and right input on the amp.

now i need to know whats the ohm load of the speakers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us