Future setup good or not?

Username: Woofers4life

Post Number: 7
ok i been looking and looking and i think i finally found what i want im going to run one 15in sub on a monoblock amp and run it to 1ohm in a box that fills the extended cab part of my Sonoma

Equipment:

Hifonics Olympus OLM1615 15in sub

Hifonics BXi1608D 1600w
or
Hifonics BXI 1610D
(about half power till i can afford a better match)

im going to set it in a 4 Cubic Feet box that fills up my extended cab.

havent decided on a head unit perferably a motorized touch screen(taking suggestions)

Im looking to have a crazy loud set up will this satisfy my hunger for big bass?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10209
Fail, fail, and fail.

Give us the budget and someone will suggest something good.

Post Number: 8
no more than 650$ is reasonable for me to be able to do. i just wanna run one sub. i got a friend running one Digital Design 15in sub on a 3000 watt amp in a monte carlo. cant remember the model numbers but it shakes the ground.

and thanks im not too good with matching stuff together...

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6335
for a great sounding setup that will "shake the ground"

$335

pair of RE SE 15"s ported @ 34hz
eBay Item number: 300298325339

$295

eD nine.1
http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_22&products_id=44}

Post Number: 9
im tryin to go for stupid loud but that set up you described would be loud aswell, Another one my friends has a system hittin 160.5 so i wanna be around his level so he wont bag on me constantly.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2925
ok now ur lying ...

i can almost guarntee ur buddy is hitting 160.5 ... theres not to many people that can scrape a 60 ...

get the setup kev just described for you.. good sounding system with solid products

Post Number: 10
his set up is 6 12in Digital designs 2 75lb batteries, 20k watts of ampage and his malibu sounds like its about to rip apart you cant sit in it when he turns it up because your heart feels like its going to explode and i have been told by him and about 14 other people he is hitting that and he wins comps left and right.

the set up above is gonna be hard to put in my sonoma. whitch is why im trying to get one sub that will pound but i can fit two 15s in there im doing it now as a matter of fact. i was just hoping to save some space by investing in a quality 15 louder than 2 15s.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6336
truck? you can fit 3 15"s in an ext sonoma perfectly..

good luck getting very loud with only $650 though

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2926
id like to see pics of it and proof of the number

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i will get pics if he will let me take them, but i dont have proof of numbers just word of mouths.

i know for 650 i wont be able to get super loud but i want it loud as i can get it for the price i can afford.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6337
then get the setup listed about.. your not going to do much better..

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1483
^x2 that setup is actually really good if you ask me. might be my next setup, hurry up and buy it before i get it and people start callin you a copy cat

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10217
Don't get that ed amp.

The AQ 1200d is $250 and a better amp.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2853
lets just say that your buddy is hittin' a 160.. The fact that you want to be in that area tells wonders on you knowledge of car audio... IF he is hittin a 160 and he is a close friend, then you would know just how much time dedication , money, and testing, ect... went in to achieving such a score.. you can't throw 6 12's in a vehicle with a couple of batts on an astronomical amount of power and automatically get a 160.
All that being said, with what ever setup you go with you WILL have to live with the fact that your buddy will be able to "bag" on ya.
I dont see the Hifonics setup doin' more than a 142.x or so. But that is just a guess as there are too many variables involved to be accurate.

are you planning on doing any electrical upgrades?
Do you mind buying used subs?
There are many ways you can go with the setup but you will. still be nowhere near as loud as your buddy. sorry

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10219
Maybe he hit a 160 on a walmart meter

Definetly wasn't legal on a TL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Okay i do know all the tuning and other assorted goodies along with a big system, i plan on adding a battery and upgrading my alternator and buying a new battery for under the hood.

i dont mind buying used in fact i have a friend trying to sell me two slightly used 15in memphis mojos i have been thinking of purchasing the problem would be getting the ampage to push those monsters.

i dont want to be just as loud i wanna be loud enough he isnt gonna be like dude turn it off.

Friends system.
well it hits so hard if he plays i put on you can feel the air coming off the subs from outside the car when it hits the 3rd bass line and thats with his amps turned down. when he gets ready for competition you cant sit in it unless you got ear phones on. when he drives down the road he shakes road signs if it isnt in the 160s its close because its one of the loudest things i ever heard in my life besides 2 more systems.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6338
"Don't get that ed amp.

The AQ 1200d is $250 and a better amp."

The AQ amp is not really any better .. both are mediocre amps at best.. i'm just not impressed at all with the new AQ equipment..

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23298
^^^+1

cheers

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 5037
"if it isnt in the 160s its close because its one of the loudest things i ever heard in my life besides 2 more systems."

sorry to say it never mind hearing one setup at 160 but if your saying 2 others are even close to him. I am gonna say hes not even close. not to many people hit 160 in the world lol

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2790
" im tryin to go for stupid loud but that set up you described would be loud aswell, Another one my friends has a system hittin 160.5 so i wanna be around his level so he wont bag on me constantly."

So your trying to be close to 160.5 with one sub on 600 $ budget. Come on we both know that's not going to happen. That's like saying will have a black President.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23301
good luck on your quest for 160db.

cheers

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1733
160 isnt that hard of a number to do, the first box I built for 4 12's on 2 2700watt amps did a 160 on a TermLab just droppin it in.
But agreed, for 650 bucks?, no way.
I have no doubt his friend is doin a 160, more than likely it was on an A/C meter but nevertheless, the system Kevin mentioned would kick butt in your sanoma.
I know a lot of guys fire the subs forward with ports up but trust me I say fire them towards the back of the truck with port on the side. This works much better for lower power spl systems.
I've had a couple s-10's and this setup worked best under 2500rms watts with a 2 15's.
If space isnt to crucial, I'd most defintely rather see you buy two cheaper 15's than one really baddass 15. Doubling the cone area makes such a huge difference.
anywho, good luck with your system, and stay away from Hi-Fonics.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickittothacurb

Post Number: 50
i can tell you if you go a little bit over 650, you can run one RE SX. that pounds out better than its competition's higher models. that puts out 1000rms and i'd have to say all their products are underrated easily. ANYBODY AGREE WITH ME? you don't have to if you don't lol.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2816

quote:

you can run one RE SX. that pounds out better than its competition's higher models. that puts out 1000rms

Wow, RE subs put out power now? lol

Bronze Member
Username: Kickittothacurb

Post Number: 51
hahah you just shut your mouth. WHAT I MEANT WAS.... that is their capabilities in a nutshell..... and they seem to be able to HANDLE more power lol

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2817
I was just giving you hell lol. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i know i cant get super loud for 650 i met a guy today who droped 8000 on 4 15in mojos and 4 4000 watt interfire amps in a red nitro that no one can touch around here and is the loudest thing i have ever heard. I will see if i can get pics saturday when i meet up with him to look at it.

i have no doubt that set up will pound out in my little s10/sonoma but space is kind of an issue. I make my own boxes so it shouldnt be too hard to make a backward facing box that has a hunch so i can lean the seats back

i found some good stuff on ebay thats pretty cheap as well. Is it the best idea to buy from ebay?

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1735
NO EBAY!!! Go to your local car audio shop, buy from them and they will put more effort into helping you attain your goals of getting loud :D
I'm not a fan of Mojo's, for numerous reasons, but mostly because they just aren't very loud. Everybody I know of that used them dropped in other brand woofers of comparable prices and saw huge increases. Mojo's just don't have that?....mojo :p

As for the RE, ok sure, good sub, but why not grab a DD then? I'd take DD over an RE any day. The 3500 series utilize the same soft parts as the 9500, so thermal power handling capabilities are the same.
One 3515 with an M1 can be acquired for around 650-700 bucks. If you need a box design myself or DD themselves will help with that.

The other thing I would consider...all of us are here giving you suggestions for this and that but to be honest, a major role in finding the right system relies on the execution of the install for it perform. Finding a kickass installer is key, and what I'm getting at is your local shop guys may know the product they sell best, so maybe you should consider running some of their top shelf equipment...knowing your product is important.

I don't know, I just woke up but that's my opinion anyhow :P

(fyi, I think you can do a 150 easily with a 1-15 set up on your budget)

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6340
"
(fyi, I think you can do a 150 easily with a 1-15 set up on your budget)"

if he knew what he were doing :-)

...im not so sure a single sub setup will please him.. from what hes saying hes almost better off doing a wall of some cheap low rms subs to shake the ground :P

i've done the single 15" setup.. i won't got back.. they get plenty loud but its just not as dramatic as adding more woofers..

the best thing you can do.. is NOTHING .. just SAVE your money and decide what exactly you want to achieve then shoot for that goal

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1738
I agree, I hate single sub set-ups haha. Spare the space and go for the pair!! :D

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
well i might be new in subwoofers but i know alot of people that know ALOT more about it than me, i go to the local Audio shop and ask them questions about my installs and they say im in the right direction and correct me if i am wrong or if i cant figure something out they pull into the shop and fix it so i think i got it down.

Well i was thinking about DD 15s 200$ ea is what the dude is selling them for and the one he had was loud.thats what made me want a single sub set up but 2x the cone area means more pressure means harder hitting.(Right?)

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10231
" NO EBAY!!! Go to your local car audio shop, buy from them and they will put more effort into helping you attain your goals of getting loud "

Are you freakin kidding me? The people at most shops are dumber than this keyboard im looking at. The good ones are very few and far between. And there are some good deals to be hadon ebay as long as its a trustworthy seller. Even better deals on other sites and forum classifieds.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i have a question lol, if i buy a 4ohm DVC subwoofer will i blow it if i give it a 2ohm load?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10234
What? A DVC 4 ohm sub would wire to 2 ohms. So you'd need a 2 ohm amp.

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1739
MS, if you buy your equipment online and go to a shop to have it installed they're less likely to help you reach the product's full potential than if you had bought it there...also, you've got to pay shipping if theres warranty issues, all that bs, buying directly from a store is the best, sometimes its worth the extra 50 bucks or whatever.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6341
i agree with buying certain itemsoff ebay.. but you have to be careful getting b-stock or refurb.. not all sellers are honest and stickers can be taken off

plus the warranty thing..

so my opinion.. buying NEW i'd stay away from ebay on most things

i just buy used since i have faith in the equipment i chose as well as the buyers i bought from

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10238
Well if you can't install stuff yourself then thats another story.

If you install your own stuff then shop prices are a ripoff.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6343
to an extent.. its like car labor from a dealership to you doing it..

you can't warranty the product or your work.. they can.. now your item may have warranty but it will take longer to get a replacement if its not local and depending on the company.. it could be a big hassle

buying/selling on the internet is the reason the mobile audio industry is declining.. only reason it is still doing ok is for the oem manufacturers integrating nav or h/us from these companies

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9297

quote:

Well if you can't install stuff yourself then thats another story.

If you install your own stuff then shop prices are a ripoff.

There's something called overhead you azzhole. I'd like to see you open up a shop and have insane prices for both equipment and labor. Not going to happen, you have lots of bills you have to pay lots of product you have to sell and then you need to make a little money to make a living for yourself don't you? Most shops don't even make profit which is why(like Kevin mentioned) mobile A/V is dying for shop-wise.

Bronze Member
Username: Lms

Post Number: 31
"the best thing you can do.. is NOTHING .. just SAVE your money and decide what exactly you want to achieve then shoot for that goal"

x2

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3983
yea man seems like you want to have a nice system. save another 650 bucks and do it right the first time.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10252
For a novice who wants the work done for them, yea going to a shop is fine.

For DIY people like most on the forums online shopping is great. We know what we want and don't need to demo the products, we can just have what we want shipped to the front door for better prices.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us