Need some advice please.....

Bronze Member
Username: Tigger76

Portland, Oregon

Post Number: 15
Hello guys, I have been reading the forums and have some questions for everyone. I am a HUGE mtx fan. I know I will catch p**p for that but oh well. time to move on. I have a 1995 chevy suburban, so now it is time to play. I would like to try something besides mtx for this one. Now mind you that I have had some very loud systems. All of them done professionally done. This one I want to do myself. Like I said, I would like to try something different than mtx. It has to be a non-walled system though. I have had the mtx 9500's, so whatever the subs are they have to hit hard! I have no clue as to what amp to use either. My electric system is perfect! I have a 330 amp alt with 6 HC2400 kinetic batterys as backup. So I think my eletric system is sound. I would like to do 15's and a lot of them, maybe 6 or 8? So if everyone could give me some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I would like spend no more than what I would spend on a 9500. So around 350 a sub. I want it so that it is loud, and I mean so loud that you can just barely sit in it. Pure spl by the way. thanks everyone.

Silver Member
Username: Dlavante

D&L Designs, Daniel USA

Post Number: 187
there are a plethora of subs that fit the bill for what you are looking for. are you looking for purely spl or sql? and where are you at in the portland area? there are a few guys on here from portland that can help you out

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4917
I'm from the Portland area too 2 loud.

Like Daniel said, there are a ton of subs that would fit your budget.. i would probably go with hdc3's if i were you. It would sound crazy loud!

Hey daniel, what time you gonna come by today?

Silver Member

D&L Designs, Daniel Tigard, Or, USA

Post Number: 190
sorry missed the part where you said pure spl at the end. what is your budget for amps?

and dustin ill be there around 630 or 7 tonight

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon

Post Number: 16
hi guys. maybe we could set up a meet and greet? I would love to see some other setups and maybe get some different ideas on what I can do. if you pm me I can give you my number. I really want my system tp POUND! or maybe I can add to my existing system? thanks guys.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1474
ya the AQ HDC3s are GREAT!

the american bass XFL seems to get high numbers in my area.

and yes the XFLs and HDC3s will handle more than 1000rms

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4919
yep! no problem man. PM me

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon

Post Number: 17
my number is 503 764 5982. most nights work for me except monday and tuesday. saturday is great for me. I really would like to see where I am at spl wise now with my current system

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4920
I PM'ed you

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1763
how about 4 18s Fi Btl's are a great choice thats what im running. DD 9500 series is great as well people put up great numbers with those. Even as big as your truck is idk if you could get a big enough cuft box for 8 15s maybe with a wall unless your planning on going sealed

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4921
2 loud, just email me at dl_blazer@yahoo.com

Silver Member

D&L Designs, Daniel Tigard, Or, USA

Post Number: 191
you could fit a box for 8 15's back there if he doesnt mind loosing the 3rd row of seats. you could almost park a mini cooper in the back of those things

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Get loud or go home....

Post Number: 1764
ported box without walling it out? i know there big but idk if they are that big

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Oregon [Dus...

Post Number: 4923
To be honest, i think 6 would be a better fit. you could do some massive numbers with 6 HDC's or Bl's

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon

Post Number: 18
the third seat is already gone. I cannot wall this suburban off. I have one already that is and don't want 2 done that way. to me it is no challenge to walling off a suburban. I am unsure about either sealed or ported. I just want peoples ears to bleed! to feel it blocks away and know its me.

Bronze Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 13
I'd say 4 fully loaded Fi BTL 18s. they retail for just over 500 a piece.

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon

Post Number: 19
what is a "fully loaded" btl? what if I want a half loaded? lol. im just playing. never seen or heard one.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickittothacurb

Post Number: 37
Do you have an RE dealer there?

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 579
I would look at 6 or even 8 Sonance 15's. They will work in a small box and get LOUD and sound great too. You could run them on 2 3250.1's or D5's and be good.If you want to go with less, you can look at the new RD Alpha MAX. Those subs are something nasty from what I have seen. Check out some vids on youtube. I personally run a sonance 18 and VERY happy with it.You can look at the onwers build log of 6 Alpha max 12's in his tahoe on 2 RD D9's here https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/559124.html You should talk to Kevin Holden on here. se_rdaudio@yahoo.com

I know form personal experance on the sonance. right now in my jeep i am running one 18" sonance on a 1750.1 @ 1ohm.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20138
"you could fit a box for 8 15's back there if he doesnt mind loosing the 3rd row of seats."

Wow. You guys really set your sights high these days lol.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team dc audio, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2042
look into the dc lv4xl subs. they will fit the bill for ya. ps dc subs dominated the bassboxing events at daytona this year.my team mate did a 148.7 with 2 10's for a 30sec run.
www.dcsoundlab.com

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon

Post Number: 20
all we have here is mtx, kicker rf and such

Bronze Member

Portland, Oregon

Post Number: 21
honestly I want to be able to go to a db drag and more than hold my own. I remember going to one when I was in high school annd having a blast. I have not seen one in my area since then. if I could be in the 160's then that would be awesome! I know money, money and more money. I really would like to see what I am putting out with my current system. I really just want to rule my block and downtown and have fun.

Gold Member

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 4928
I think we could do that for ya... 150's is jet engine loud..

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1476
160??? ooof thats alotta coin my good man. i would listen to scott s. he knows a thing or two about SPL.

do you want pure spl or want it loud and to be pleasing to listen to?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us