PLEEASE HELP ASAP! 1999 Chrysler 300m. stereo help

Username: Steve300m

Post Number: 1
So i just removed the stock radio and got the proper wire harness for my 99' chrysler 300m. i hooked up all the wires that could be hooked up except this one purple wire that is only fitted in the stock radio. After putting in my aftermarket Dual radio everything works, The power the cd player, etc. BUT there is no sound what so ever, no static, no nothing. I kno there was another thread but he had noise on the tuner, but mine is neither. I'm also planning to hook up my other amp for subs as soon as i figure out whats up with this radio. I've om'd it out and yes the radio works sound wise but not in the vehicle. once i put the old stock bak in there is sound. there's that infinity amp in the back, idk if thats whats screwin it up or what. help is appreciated. i never ran into this type of problem before.
THanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Semperfi

Post Number: 205
im pretty sure its that amp thats messing it all up, if you can by pass it, or use it do it, but if not you might have to run wires directly from your HU to your speakers and not us the ones that are provided

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 223
If this is the same poster thats on the 300M board it turns out the remote line was not connected to turn on the stock amp and thus no sound.

Post Number: 2
Really? so what wires do i connect then? the AMP TURN-ON blue/white wire to the REMOTE TURN-ON from the radio? or do i connect the REMOTE TURN-ON wire to the POWER ANTENNA wire? unless that last purple wire from the car with the piece on it. its the center speaker? or to ground,or power the stock amp? Im sorry if this sounds brain dead man, but id really like to know.

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 576
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/593.html

check this link out

Post Number: 3
yea but that link doesnt really show whats up with my car and its stock amp. i just need sound for my car and need to know what is the definite connection im missing here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us