Electrical system question

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2501
i'm gonna be running a 3250.1 in my 83 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme i'm getting a dbelectric 200 amp alt my question is do you guys think i can get away with the 200 amp alt and my stock battery or do you guys think i'll need to add a battery and if yeah do you have any suggestions for some my budget on batts is 250-300

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1844
i would definitely get batts

i have a 3250 and a mechman alternator. i originally installed it without any batts in the back and had some descent voltage drop.

added some small powermasters in the back and it helped a lot

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1845
i would atleast upgrade the front

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2838
I would upgrade the front first, then add another one when the funds are there. I imagine even with the upgraded front and HO alt, you will still have more voltage drop than you want. I assume you already did the Big 3. If not you should do it when you put the HO alt in. Have you built the box yet?

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 479
x2 atleast one in the front. and two in the back would be in the safe zone

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2502
havent built the box yet or done the big three but i'm gonna do that when i install the H.O. alt Scott S said he ran 2 3250.1s on a 300 amp alt and a redtop with no voltage issues at all so i was thinking maybe one 3250.1 would be alright on just a 200 amp alt

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10175
Replace stock battery with a good one that will be all you need with the alt.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2472
A big block of cheese should do the trick, just make sure it's not a yellow top!

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2505
i have a friend who works at a battery company and he said he can get me optima yellowtops for half price so i might get two of those and put one under the hood and the other one in the back

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10176
There is a reason optimas are cheap vs other batteries. They suck.

Electrical "experts" who think optima are the best batteries are the equivalent of audio "experts" who think kicker L7s are the best subs ever haha.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us