New here with a dumb amp/wiring question

Username: Dasphoenix

USA

Post Number: 1
For the past few years I have had 2 Alpine 12' type E's (SVC 4ohm 250RMS) with an Alpine MRP-M500 it sounds ok but as my 96 sable begins to fall apart its not quite loud enough over the sounds of rattling cat converter shield etc. So I decided to upgrade and bought a Pair of 12' Type R's (4ohm DVC 500RMS) the amp pushes 300 at 4ohm and 500 at 2ohm, now I plan to get an Alpine PDX 1.1000 which pushes 1000 at 2 or 4ohms. My question is: is it worth hooking the R's up to the MRP-M500 to break them in, or would they be way underpowered and possibly get damaged, and if I did hook them up how would I wire that?

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1576
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=2&woofer_imp=4

Username: Dasphoenix

USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the wiring help and quick reply, I was also wondering if the PDX is a good pairing, and off hand does anyone know if the MRP-500 is stable at 1 ohm? If I ran them at 4ohms the amp would only be pushing 150 to each which is 50 under the 200 min Alpine states for the Type R's if I ran them at 1ohm it would give 250 to each during the couple of weeks it takes me to get the PDX.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us