Need help deciding on a 4 channel or 5 channel amp!

Username: Tenacious_p

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone,

I own a 2002 Nissan Maxima and I have decided to replace the stock 6.5" speakers in the front, stock 5.25" speakers in the rear, stock 8" sub in the back, and also the stock cd player. I will be leaving the front tweeters alone.

I have purchased a Pioneer DEH-P6000UB cd player which gives a 50W x 4 power output (22W x 4 continuous power).

The 6.5" speakers that I bought are the Infinity Reference 6022i which have 60 watts RMS (180 watts peak).

The 5.25" speakers that I bought are the Infinity Reference 5022i which have 45 watts RMS (135 watts peak).

The 8" sub that I purchased is the Infinity Reference 850W which has a 200 watt RMS rating and a 800 watt peak rating.

Now, to my question. I am debating between getting a 4 channel amp or a 5 channel. With the 4 channel, I was thinking of using 2 channels for the front speakers and bridging the other two for the sub, while powering the rear speakers with the Pioneer head unit (same with tweeters). Or I could just power the front and rear speakers and the the sub all with a 5 channel amp. But I have heard some bad things about 5 channel amps.

Also, I just want clear, high quality sound from my system. I'm not looking to power the hell out of my speakers or anything. So whether it's a 4 channel or 5 channel amp, I don't want to spend a lot of money.

Or should I just power all my speakers with the head unit and get a single channel amp for the sub?

Please help me out.

Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Raydizzle34

Post Number: 27
Try an Infinity Reference 5350a amp. It'll give you 50 watts RMS x4 and 150 watts RMS for ur sub. I found one on amazon for $225 shipped.

or u can get 2 separate amps, one for ur sub and one for ur speakers. It all depends on ur $$$...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us