New front sound stage

Bronze Member
Username: Lnhiv

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 14
So, I currently have a pair of CDT CL-62CF's up front in my car. I plan on adding a second set in the doors with the current ones, along with the UP-200 crossover and a second set of TW-25's.

So right now I'll have 4 6.5's in the doors, 4 25mm tweeters in the doors, and the 2 25mm image tweeters. My question is this: should I upgrade all of my crossovers and end up with 4 image tweets, or just stick with the two?

On another note...the CL-62CF's call for 165 watts before the new crossover and image tweets...how much more power handling will they take after I add those on? The reason I'm asking is I'm currently searching for an amp to drive both sets.

This is (obviously) going to be a show setup, but it's also my DD and I want it to sound clean, so that's why I'm asking. Also, the reason I'm putting two sets of comps up front isn't just for looks...the current set can't keep up with my substage, and sure as hell won't keep up with it once I get my new subs.

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1210
what is your current amp suppling these? im curious since i have the same set for my car and they just freakin scream on 150 rms lol

stick with 2 image tweeters. you really don't need any extra power for the image tweeters....but if you want you could add on 50w or so for them. 165w is plenty.

Bronze Member
Username: Lnhiv

Mesa, AZ USA

Post Number: 16
I'm running a Rockford P450.4 bridged to 2 channels...it's pushing just shy of 200 watts to them. I have 2 10" Type-R's with 1400 watts rms going to them in a ported box to keep up with though...they get loud enough that it is physically painful at times :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us