Powering 2 subwoofers with a house amp.

Username: Linnix13

Post Number: 1
here is my setup. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRlSuR7Md-U
its a technics su-600 stereo receiver powering a 2x12"400w subwoofer bandpass box. how does this work? the subs are 800watts combined but my amp says its ratted for 50w rms. and it goes through my durabrand surround sound. how can this amp work, oh and it does work! look at my other vids the thing will bottom the subwoofers out! ive been doin this for along time. thanks. i ran a wire to the 30w sub built into my durabrand suround sound cause its already got a crossover in it. then i just apmed up the signal with the technics su-600. see the youtube vid and my others trust me it powers these things good!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7360
That is not bottoming out.
That is distortion.

Those cheapy Q-power subs are not capable of handling 400wrms each. They are more along the lines of 100wrms. You are likely playing them well below tuning of that leaky a22 cheap 4th order.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10168
lawlz

you fail.

Post Number: 3
oh thanks i didnt know what make they were! there actualy rated at 700w peak power idk the rms but it could be around 300. heres the site http://qpowerinc.com/wooferspeakers.php
its the 12" silver.
whats a leaky a22 cheap 4th?? i dont know audio speek

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7362

quote:

ohm's vary, contact for details

Thats right off QPowers site...lol

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 221
he meant
leaky a(ss) cheap 4th order enclosure. the box they are in is pretty poor design and implementation.

Post Number: 4
well they sound pretty darn good so i dont know what your all saying. for 100 bucks for the sub and the amp was free im not complaining.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us