Downfiring Inverted Sealed Subs

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3124
Debating mounting my subs inverted and firing down in a sealed box for my next set up. How would it negatively affect the SQ/SPL. I don't need to have it ridiculously loud, but would it be like super quiet?

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20095
Makes no difference on the output of the sub. I did it with my mag, in a ported box though.

Worked.

Well.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3125
What about if it's downfiring? I would build the box and my trunk so the undersides of the subs are visible....purely bc i think it would look sick.

one time, i took my old 12s and faced them towards the roof instead of the trunk (in a jeep cherokee) and i felt like they got a little quieter. was i imagining things or is there truth in that? bc currently, my TC3K 15 is facing the roof (ported) and it absolutely killlllls.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20096
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/inverted.html

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20097
It may look odd but this 15" mag was inverted and powered by 1000w used in my HT.

It rocked. So much it destroyed the plexi enclosure I built around it to protect it from dust.

Fun while it lasted.

Upload

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3126
would i have a problem with dust do you think?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20098
I wouldn't think. I just did that because it was indoors. I didn't want anything accumulating on the cone discoloring it.

Plus I have young kids. Shiny and/or moving parts are a playground for young children lol.

Oh god have I endured many pushed in tweeter domes in my past.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us