Help. just got honda and need help on choosing amp and h/u

Gold Member
Username: Mike_16

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1102
ok i just bought a 93 civic . my moms ex had a 12 kicker l7 07 model. he only used it for a month on 200 watts rms. never been abused. it came with the box its a kicker box ported . i payed 180 bucks. its dual 2 ohm. so i need an amp that will thump this sub . i would rather have a head unit 1st . keep the amp and h/u 300 and under plzz. i know most of u hate on the l7 subs but i heard it in my sunfire with only 400 watt junk amp i borrowed from a guy and it was louder and cleaner than my 3 jl's i had sealed. it hit th elows very nice . so i imo think i payed a damn good price for it

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1103
btw. my friend wants to pay me $300 for this sub i should tel him 350. lol. if i do sell it what would be a better sq chose and also have some spl too. i love spl. but like it to be kinda clean . im thinkin alpine r's? kicker cvr? not sure if a 15 will fit in my car trunk facing foward.

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1105
bump

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10135
Better SQ than an L7? Wow thats a tough one. Write down the names of every other decent brand sub on the market and pick one out of a hat. lol.

Upload

And wow those JLs must have been a terriable install

Username: Jr96ej

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 10
I got a aq hdc3 15 to fit in my civic trunk in a 4 cu ft box tuned at 38 hz.
Face it to the trunk and open your small back seat to let air flow it sounds great and the aq will beat the L7 in spl and sound way better doing it

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

RE MT 15 VFL 200.1 , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1865
i put a 15L7 in my brothers 09 corolla and it sounded amazing

in my 07 civic it didnt sound too good

i think that sub is car dependant.. the 15L7 blew away his 12" Si BM in SQ but exact opposite in my car

too bad the Orion HCCA-1200's onsale at Ikesound for 95 shipped just got sold out.. good thing i snagged one up haha

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10149
It's ikesound.... most people know not to buy from there

Gold Member

Post Number: 1868
i ordered that orion amp and alpine type r for one of my friends and they shipped same day, their service was great

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1111
john riqlioni do u still have that aq hdc3 15???? and will 38 hz sound good on lows with rap or no

Bronze Member

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 11
yeah it sounds great man trust me you'll never look back at kicker again once you get it.

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1112
how much?

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1113
bumpp

Bronze Member

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 12
www.audioque.com they are like 249 plus shipping comes out to like 279 i think depending on your location

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1450
aq is great.
for a HU u can get an eclipse cd3200 for 250. well i got mine at circut city before they went down.

if u dont want that one u also like a lot of the kenwood hu

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1451
aq is great.
for a HU u can get an eclipse cd3200 for 250. well i got mine at circut city before they went down.

if u dont want that one u also like a lot of the kenwood hu

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1114
the audioque has good sq ? and will get loud right? and in a 93 honda will a 15 sub fit right facing the opening ? with a ported box i sold that kicker . i been finding out that its not that great of a sub. anyways i think i ight pick this alpine amp up . does 1000@2 ohms. only 240 bucks my friends wants he payed over 400. or wait another month and a half and get two twelves not sure and my friend has 2 801d mtx amps rated 800 at 2 ohms but he runs them at 1 ohm all day everyday and they never shut off. he rund 4 tx 15's with the 2 amps. 450 for both .

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1117
im just not sure what to get i mean i want it to be loud the seats fold down. but what about an alpine r 15? or just 2 12 r's? just want something that isn't distorted highs in the sub and a sub that will hit lows pretty nicely .i had 2 12's in a ported box 34hertz the subs were dual 4 ohm and were audiopipes lol. with a maxxonics amp 800 rms. and it hurt my ears in my sunfire. so anything thats gonna sound better than that and be louder is a plus

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1118
nice the audoque hdc3 15-a looks like a sub that would rip my ears. 250 bucks . i hink im gettin one fifteen! and buyiin that alpine amp it does 1000 at 2 ohms i just need to get dual 2 ohms sub? just one problem is no one around my area builds boxes that r good. would that be a good setup? would 1 15 get real loud in a small car like that?should be a heard a 12 re xxx in a cavalier i could harly breathe he was only givin it 500 rms .

Gold Member

Mauston wi, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 1119
the alpine amp is a mrp-m 1000 . its over 3 hundred on ebay . and i can get ot for 250. maybe cheaper. is that alpine amp a decent one?

Bronze Member

Las Vegas, NV

Post Number: 13
I wouldn't recommend it for the aq, not enough power, the aq hdc3 can take around 2k pretty well. clean power though don't go crazy with any bass boost or crap like that ,, look into the aq amps or do what i did and and get a hifonics 2008d and save up for the aq 2200

Gold Member

Post Number: 1888
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kenwood-KDC-X792-KDCX792-AM-FM-CD-MP3-USB-Remote_W0QQitemZ14 0309113798QQihZ004QQcategoryZ39754QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i'd definately jump on this headunit, thats a great price
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us