Speaker suggestions for my Jeep

Username: Nagymjr

Space Coast, FL USA

Post Number: 1
Hey guys,

I'm new here and after reading some posts I decided to join. I'm trying to put together an upgrade in my audio system. I love my Jeep especially with the windows out and the top down. The wind noise is significant but not at all bothersome (for me) as long as the tunes are good and loud. Can you please help me with suggestions on tweaking my system?

I'm happy with my sub and bass production. I'm looking to bring the mids and highs to a respectable level. Right now I have Pioneer 6.5 in the (roll bar) and Pioneer 4x6 (dash). These are bottom level Pioneers with no amp and distort at various hard/low mid tones. I can't here the 4x6 (dash) speakers at all unless I fade to the front for from (0).

Budget:
$300 for speakers (front and rear)
Amp for both (Money ???)
New head unit down the road.

I know this budget for the speakers is low, but I don't want to break the bank because Jeeps are easily broken into.

I was looking at these for the front: MTX Thunder Separates TX5001 http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/speakers/separates.cfm

or the Polk equivalent (db5251). http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/db/index.php?s=db651s#db5251

But what about the roll bar?

I can fit 5.25's or 6.5's(with slight mods). Do I double up on components or find a decent coxial for the roll bar. Also, do I run them all off one amp or two? Are there other brands in my price range that may be better or that i'm over looking?

I listen to hard rock, alternative, sirius octane, some top 40 (rap,pop,etc. when the wife and kids ride), but mostly hard rock. Linkin Park, Godsmack, Metallica, Rage, Chili Pepers, Sublime.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and any help/suggestions you may have

=) Mike

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1175
have you looked into CDT or given them any thought? and also u might be happier with 1 good set of compenents that will get just as loud but sound better doing it

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10117
MTX and polk both do not make very good speakers.

I second the CDT.

4x6s will never sound good.

One good set of 6.5" components will outperform multiple sets of other speakers, put the $300 on that one set and you can get some nice speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us