What is the problem with it?

Anonymous
I was driving one day and then my sub and amp just cut off! I know the sub didn't blow, and that the amp didn't overheat because the next day it still doesn't want to work. WHAT COULD IT BE!!!!

Anonymous
Please help, i wouldn't mind fixing it myself and listening to it

motoman22
Could be anything from a popped fuse to a bad connection to a bad device.

Have you done any testing at all?

check all the wiring, or check your plugs from the stereo to the amp, that might be the problem, thats what mine was. i had a high temp/power cable and it got so hot in the wire it basicly welded all the wires in the insulation together and my amp and subs did that.

Anonymous
Okay i found that the problem is the two wires that enter the sub in the back of the box. Its weird they are perfectly fine but only work at some angles!?

Anonymous
well, now it just doesn't work at all

Anonymous
And the amp works fine, the other day, when i moved the wire the sub worked for a little spurt of time, now i can't get it to work at all

Woody21
I'm guessing bad connections or a blown fuse. Check those

well if the stuff worked when you wiggled the wires, it's probably the connection that is inside the box that actually leads to the subs. What you could do is pull that little connector box out and check the connections on the inside, it may be that the connections in there are loose and need to be reconnected; thus ensuring good contact and cosistent play back. If that is the problem you'll be lucky and it'll be a cheap fix. Other than that I don't know too much about all the technical stuff, but that's my $.02
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us