Power Acoustik BAMF or Gothic Series?

Bronze Member
Username: Xmrbonez

Post Number: 20
simple question, Which will perform better?

i will be getting the 2000D version of either one

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10101
neither.

power crapcoustic. the name says it all.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
i disagree i got the BAMF loud as hell, and it pushes what it says. have you ever even tried one or just going with what everyone says on here?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10116
" it pushes what it says. "

So you've got a test bench set up in your garage do you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
No bud, but the place who installs it does as well as a spl meter and ithout a custom box 130.6 and none of my subs match? i thnik it does what it says bud

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2473
woa a 130.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10127
Well that amp claims 1200w, 130 is pretty crappy for that unless the subs are crap..... my old daily system did 141 on a TL (the only valid SPL meter reading BTW). And for the price it sells, you know the build quality can't be very good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
im using 4 kicker black n yellow comps dude... im sure once i get my Fis ill be doing better than 130s plus im not going to SPL im just trying to be loud.

if i was going SPL i would have gotten a bigger amp in general.

Silver Member
Username: Dynamik

Post Number: 127
First of all, Power Acoustik is a very low tier company. Poor quality products. Highly doubt if either of those series, or much of any PA amps, will produce the wattage they say. The RMS on those amps MIGHT be reached at voltages much higher than 12 volts. I've seen the PA Class-D series( the classic white looking ones) bench tested and they performed better than the BamF series, never seen the Gothic series. Still overrated and very power hungry. If you are looking for budget amps, try finding a Hifonics amp.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10142
^^ well said but hifonics ain't a whole lot better..... they are overraed as well.

Silver Member
Username: Dynamik

Post Number: 128
I gotta agree. I sure they are better than PA though! lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
you really think hifonics > pa?

i asked a few shops they said hifonics is asking for my trunk to catch on fire lol

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10146
Maybe if you let said shop do one of their POS installs in your car

Seriously though both are overrated and don't do claimed power, and build quality is questionable at best.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 617
i sell that brand most of the amps that are rated at the same power but different series amps, are just the same amp in different case. if you are going to look at a PA amp cross over to soundstream(same company) and get the 2009 model amps. They do rated power for sure. and they look a lot better than the PAs

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2488
lol at bonez.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
lol at snow for being useless and trolling a car audio board

+1 kudos and stuff

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2502
lol.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7357
Most of the Power Acoustik amps share the same boards, they just sell them in different cases. All the "2000D" amps are the same board.

Their 'Class AB/D' line up is nicer though.
Still lower line, but nicer.

The BAMF2000/1D is produces ~600-800wrmw @ 1ohm (clean). I have one on the demo board at the shop and the DD SS1a (rated 750wrms @ 1ohm) beats it. The DD is also a much cleaner amp.

This is in DIRECT comparison. All I have to do at the shop to swap em is push the on-screen buttons on our MTI Intuition switching system. Same subs, same HU, same power supply.

DD SS1a > PA BAMF2000/1D

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1733
The bamf2000/1d is a design I haven't seen from PA, and it looks pretty solid to me.
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/attachments/member-product-reviews/6473-powe r-acoustik-bamf-2000-1d-bamf-2001d.3.jpg
I wouldn't expect 1200w out of it, but for $180 it seems like it would be worth a shot. I would expect 800-900.

As for the DD - I have no idea how a $300 amp from a top notch mfg has any relevance, but it's nice to look at.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n151/southern1inla/pics015.jpg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us