Please help thx

Bronze Member
Username: Shadowm891

Post Number: 38
can someone help me with a question i have im looking at buying me a new battery or maybe a cap for my amp. but befor i do this i need your help i understand that a cap dont raise voltage or anything and it only stores power and release its power when the amp in need of that power in 1 burst. the reasson i ask this is because my battery cant seem to hold voltage on some songs i mean most the time while driving my voltage runs from 13.50 down to 12.30 and some times down to 11 volts makeing my subs clip. but this only happens on some songs like one song put on by young jeezy it will beat real hard and i can see my alternator is keeping up with charge but after it stops and gets to a low beat i can see the voltage drops alot. some times down enough where it clips my subs and i was wondering if i were to buy a cap would this help with my problem or would a battery be better off. o and one more question i know one of the problems which im gonna take care of here soon as well my big 3 upgrade only 4 gauge so im gonna do 0 and was wondering as well. if i do this u think this would fix my problem to where i wont have to buy a battery or cap sorry for all the words and i like to say thanks for reading what i have to say.

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 142
What amplifier/s do you have? What guage wiring and what size alternator do you have.

The big 3 is a start, if you are going to upgrade to a HO alt then you need to do it when it is installed or before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us