Cold weather makes my speakers not work?

Username: Ic3laxer

Post Number: 7
I have a directed amp set up to alpine type r component speakers in the front of my car I placed the amp in my trunk and the crossovers right in the plastic panels by my feet. my system worked great during the summer but now in the cold weather of MN these speakers sometimes don't work at first and take a while to warm up sometimes up to 15-20 min. If I turn them up all the way I can hear the music really faint and when they start to come back they are really staticy and work their way to full quality pretty fast after that starts. any clues to what is causing this? are my crossovers getting cold, is my amp getting cold, do I have power issues? any input will be great thanks

Username: Hockey13

Post Number: 1
I have the same problem with my amplifer i have a directed a404 amplifier and it has the same problem below like 32 degrees it will not put out for about 15 minutes and then once its heated up it works fine. Did you solve the problem yet or no?

Username: Ic3laxer

Post Number: 8
yes it got fixed but i dont really know how. I ended up taking one of my subs and my kenetic battery out. I also did the big three. not sure what it was but my guess is that I was pushing the limit of my alternator and the cold weather just increased the problem so if your running subs or in a small car you might be able to fix it by tuning it down, incresing your electrical system or upgrading your grounding system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us