I didn't have to throw away my old speakers, I just treated the cone.

Username: Socal_mike

Anaheim, CA

Post Number: 1
I am glad I didn't have to throw my old speakers away after all. Have you guys heard of SoundGuardPro? It is a spray on, cone treatment. My paper cone speakers have been played for a while; the cone is not as rigid as it was when new and now it sounds like it.
What I liked about it was that SoundGuardPro is an alcohol based co-polymer that penetrates and reinforces the cone by leaving only the co-polymer behind as a light weight bonding agent that increases cone strength.
I have just tried it and I can't believe how much better my speakers sound. You should check out their information at http://www.soundguardpro.com/ and see for yourself.

Mike

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4700
Ive acually tryied something similar with great results..

Used this

Upload

Mixed it up

Upload

Applied

Upload

Dryied.

Upload

Username: Eeee

Post Number: 1
i wanna try that sometime

Silver Member
Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 296
Thats awesome. Must have gained @ least 10db's ez.

Anaheim, CA

Post Number: 2
That was really funny watching you ruin that speaker. I can see why a speaker manufacurer wouldn't want a product that saves people time and money. SoundGuardPro adds the strength of concrete without the wieght.

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 763
hahahahhaha. sweet thread.

Bronze Member
Username: Christopherrm

Post Number: 52
After seeing SPL Ninja's Tutorial I filled all my speakers with concrete too and the sound difference is incredible! Now I don't even have to spend money on SoundGuardPro! Great value!

Bronze Member
Username: Christopherrm

Post Number: 53
On a serious note, Mike C I'm assuming you bought some of this stuff so could you tell me what the name of the active chemical compound is in this stuff? I would be interested to know what it is actually doing to speakers.

Anaheim, CA

Post Number: 3
It is an alcohol based copolymer that penetrates the cone and while curing it evaporates the suspension agent leaving behind the copolymers that strengthen the cone. All concrete jokes aside I tried it on my old garage speakers and then my Marshall half stack and it worked great. I love the stuff and I still have a bunch left, if and when they start to sound like worked junk again I will treat them again.

US Patent 5920040
2. Specially Denatured Alcohol-40 (SDA)
3. Ethyl Ester of PVM/MA Copolymer*
4. Triethanolamine (TEA)
5. dL Panthanol 0.100
6. Collogen Amino Acids 0.800
7. Fragrance 0.220
TOTAL 100.000

hope this helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts