AQ sub questions...

Bronze Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Ga. United States

Post Number: 43
how are the audioque HDC3 series subwoofers?

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1314
amazing

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2645
Great "BANG" for your buck. (pun intended) Made for SPL setup but do great daily. I would get the Alum. coils if you are gonna push em to their limits.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10003
Not ideal for an SQ system, more SPL geared but a good daily choice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
yeah that sounds right up my alley.. i am interested in sq, NONE. haha but what do these subs run in price? and what would be a good amp to push them? I'm trying to find something to spend my tax money on.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1317
if u get it with copper coils a aq1200 would be good.
if u get it with allu coils the aq2200 would be nice.... even a pair of aq2200s

or the rd1750

i have an aq2200 for sale

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1318
if u get it with copper coils a aq1200 would be good.
if u get it with allu coils the aq2200 would be nice.... even a pair of aq2200s

or the rd1750

i have an aq2200 for sale

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
with the 2200 i would most likely need a HO alt. right? i had a 1200w kenwood, a POS!, until my cousin fried it yesterday.. Which would better suit the named drivers?

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 156
If you think the AQ HDC series is just for SPL check out Lewis Brood's SQ ride on our web site

Username: Donkon28s

Over there, Up there Usa

Post Number: 1
I guess he had no "real" competition that day.

I have played with many subs including your hdc3 and they rank low on sq. The sub gives a muddy response with fast pace rock songs and lacks control in the 20hz range. Does fine in the 40hz and up range but the parameters will show you that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
I guess he had no real competition in the other 20 shows or ISACA world finals either

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4984
You think daniel knows who Dj is lol.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1444
im guessing he has no idea lol.

DJ,
Do you know the specs of the box he had his HDC in? or what would u recommend if you wanted the most SQ out of one?

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
Around 2-2.2 net cubes tuned in low 30's

Over there, Up there Usa

Post Number: 4
Considering his results shown were in 2007 when your hdc's were not available. I think IASCA finals are in daytona in a few days, I will stay tuned for his results. What highs and mids is he using?

Not saying anything bad about the competitor at all, but the sub stage just isn't up to the sq par.

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
Make that per sub

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10013
People have won SQ comps with kicker L7s for f*cks sake. Enclosure plays so much of a role that it can make almost any sub sound good or be very loud. The trick is a sub that can do both at the same time in one enclosure.

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
MS I couldn't agree with you more. Enclosure is the key. My point is that if a pair of 12" subs will play over a 150 db and still sound good enough to place in sq competitions in the same box then we must be doing something right.

We are not in the sound quality business, we build loud heavy duty daily drivers for street beaters that can sound very good in the correct enclosures. I don't know of much music in the low 20 hz region other then the Mormons on their pipe organ in Salt Lake.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 597
"I don't know of much music in the low 20 hz region other then the Mormons on their pipe organ in Salt Lake."

fuckinn lawl

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1321
i didn't know that dj was on e.
thats neet.

eric. just get the hdc3. i have spent a LOT of money getting stuff from AQ and i have been happy with everything iv got so far

Over there, Up there Usa

Post Number: 5
"MS I couldn't agree with you more. Enclosure is the key. My point is that if a pair of 12" subs will play over a 150 db and still sound good enough to place in sq competitions in the same box then we must be doing something right.

We are not in the sound quality business, we build loud heavy duty daily drivers for street beaters that can sound very good in the correct enclosures. I don't know of much music in the low 20 hz region other then the Mormons on their pipe organ in Salt Lake."
--------------------------------
Over a 150 in the same box and place in SQ comp. IF and I mean IF that happen, he was the only one at that competition, the other guys were running Funky Pups, or that judge came in on the short bus.

ANYONE can place in a SQ comp, but to the ears of an actual audiophile it just doesn't do justice.

I know a couple songs in the 20hz range, but you wouldn't know about them since your subs can't handle them :-) I listen to classical music and love a natural sounding sub.

So now I am curious, who is the original holder of the sub. Zapco, American Bass, Konaki.....

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
Gee Daniel sorry you don't like our products. We can't please everyone. But we don't try to.

Audioque is the original and only holder of the Audioque HDC series.

Zapco and American Bass have rather nice knock-offs. Konaki didn't do so well.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

15 FI BL SAZ- 1500=Boom, New Jersey Jerzee Playa

Post Number: 655
Daniel why make a new screen name just to be an azz???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us